Does 802.11s Mesh Support Multiple Wired Nodes?

I've been asked to help deploy some upgraded wireless coverage to the local community hall. There is one existing network cable that runs the length of the main part of the hall so I can wire together 2 APs but I think it's also going to need some mesh-nodes to cover some of the other rooms. Unfortunately drilling holes in the walls and running more ethernet cable is not an option.

Is it possible to configure mesh11sd to deal with this? I still want only one wired device to consider itself the 'controller', the other wired decice would be a mesh node that can simply use it's wired interface for backhaul. Is that supported? Or is meshing and wired backhaul mutually exclusive?

Searching the forum it seems most people are guided not to try this because of network loops it creates. Is it just a case of enabling STP to stop the loops? Or is there some more advanced configuration that can be applied in mesh11sd or perhaps a more advanced package for this scenario?

Thanks.

You could use 80211s to build the mesh and then i.e. batman-adv to deal with the layer2 issues like loops.
Batman is "clever" enough to be aware of if a link is wireless or wired and what quality the link has... Feel free to ask further/for clarification...

STP has really long timers which mostly feels like networking glitches. The Batman adv loop avoidance algorithm is much faster. If a link is flapping all the time is however not good anyway. In stationary scenarios like yours it's best to place the mesh nodes and AP to have the best possible link quality but many people and other factors can degrad even a good link if you have bad luck