Dnsmasq and local addresses

Hello everyone and happy new year ...

question on DNSMASQ I get the following on start

Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zztxdown.com
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zzshw.net
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zzpxw.cn
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zzmyw.com
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zzdsfy.com
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zyjyyy.com
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zwgoca.com
Sat Jan  6 15:12:32 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[4931]: using local addresses only for domain zw52.ru

I've tried to identify where these domains definitions come from but unable to find - where do I stop having these defined/configured ? where can I remove these which don't have anything to do with my setup ?
thx
thank you

You stop using the adblock package. It is DNS based, so the blocklists are entered into dnsmasq's database. Dnsmasq shows a few of them in the log and then reports the total as something like

Sat Jan  6 14:00:08 2018 daemon.info dnsmasq[2092]: using 12917 more local addresses

Thank you - that makes sense .:grinning:

Looks like that last adblock update by @dibdot requires a config file refresh/update. Otherwise the items added by the adblock may be somehow kept there although the adblock service does not properly start.

I noticed in my own system log a semi-regularly repeating block of those log items.

That went away by copying the proper config from the new adblock version (in my case from /rom/etc/config/adblock . If you have installed adblock manually, the file is likely /etc/config/adblock-opkg )

EDIT:
Or maybe not. Looks like the dnsmasq service gets today restarted more often than earlier. Probably for other reasons. I first thought that it was adblock-related, but the update to 3.4.1 did not really make big config file changes.

3.4.1 only switched the local blacklist default "on" - nothing more. If I remember right there are some reports at flyspray, that dnsmasq get's restarted quite often - should be unrelated to adblock (hopefully). Please ping me if I should do some special dnsmasq testing, cause I've switched to unbound quite a while.

I am today testing wlan-only (instead of normal wired) via a dumb AP, so that may be part of the reason why dnsmasq has been restarting often.

Likely not related to adblock. (but the original item, the log items, is of course normal adblock behaviour)

it does get restared vry often - in fact it seems every 10-15m looking at my logs

why you testing ... impacts users ? is it because you are updating lists etc ?

I am actually testing the wifi stability in WRT3200AC 17.01 build (as a dumb AP), so nothing should be actually happening/changing at the main router where dnsmasq (and adblock) run. But apparently something triggers dnsmasq to think that an interface has gone up and dnsmasq needs to be reloaded.

Maybe related: https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=713