DNS privacy where are we today? 12 dec 2018

Assuming you mean that DNSSEC is running around 15-20% is what you mean, it's not widely deployed or used on clients. We all know just how security-focused and standards-compliant Windows is.

It’s just the countries order doesn’t follow any logical order like gdp per capita or available infrastructures or computer per person

I was trying this approach and was halted on step 5, it seems /etc/config/stubby isn't created anymore.

I guess if I place the changes just in the /etc/stubby/stubby.yml it's OK ? I noticed that the
stubby.yml.default looks very similar with the config from the tutorial.
The timeout time is longer and the port is configuered.

I also found this guide https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/dns/stubby

I followed this guide and added:

config rule
	option enabled '1'
	option src 'wan'
	option proto 'tcp udp'
	option dest_port '53'
	option name 'Block Normal DNS'
	option target 'REJECT'

I guess I can add some additional entries in stubby.yml in the upstream-recursive-servers list.

I added bind-dig software to test the configuration.
I hope that someone can give me some pointers if what I did make sense or is totally wrong.

I wish you all warm Seasons Greetings ..

Guy F.

Dear Forssux,
Hello and Season's Greetings. With regard to your observation / inquiry below:

I was trying this approach and was halted on step 5, it seems /etc/config/stubby isn't created anymore

That file /etc/config/stubby might or might not be there depending on which version of Stubby you are using on your OpenWrt Build. For example, I run Davidc502 LEDE Snapshots - Moderately Customized LEDE Development Builds for Linksys 1900ac v.1 and 1900ac v.2, 1900acs v.1 v.2, 3200acm, WRT32X and 1200ac v.1 v.2 series routers. These builds keep up to date package repositories.. Dave puts out updated builds with the latest packages every two weeks. If you are using OpenWrt / Lede 18.06.1 stable then your Stubby does not have the /etc/config/stubby file.
However, if you notice I point out that in the default file - /etc/config/stubby - I change the setting to manual ( with option '1' ) in order to use /etc/stubby/stubby.yml for the configuration of Stubby.
So, it really does not matter if the file is there or not. That file is more for folks who are seeking an easier method to configure Stubby and limits some of the options which are available when using /etc/stubby/stubby.yml
Re-read the tutorial more carefully and you will see that I point these matters out in more detail.

God Bless and Happy New Year,

directnupe