Dlna between different subnets

I'm a newbie user with fresh Lede installation LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.290.79498-d3f0685 on WRT1900acs, My network setup is the following:
I have a cable modem /router (ISP's router) connected to the internet, my tv is connected to the lan1 port and the lan2 is connected to the wan port of the wrt1900acs (lede router) unfortunately I can't connect the tv to the LEDE router. The ISP router is using the 192.168.0.x subnet and the lede router is 192.168.1.x. I successfully installed minidlna on the LEDE router but unfortunately my tv isnt see the file. In the past I used another ddwrt router with dlna and the tv was able to detect the videos but at that time the tv was connected directly to the dlna router so the tv is ok. How should i set up the LEDE router to get this sorted out and play the videos stored on my usb hdd connected to the LEDE router?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This is a bit of an odd scenario, it sounds like the TV is on the WAN side of the router. Does the LEDE box get a 192.168.0.0/24 address on its WAN or does it get an "ip passthrough" public IP?

If it gets a public IP then it needs to know that there's also a 192.168.0.0/24 subnet on the WAN port, and needs to have firewall rules for that. If it gets a 192.168.0.0/24 address then you need to decide whether you're doing double NAT or not. If not, then you could bridge LAN and WAN ports and then decide whether you want firewalling on the bridge or not (i personally don't let 3rd party ISP have access to my LAN, but this doesn't mean you have to route, you can firewall across a bridge with appropriate configuration, though it's not a beginner project really).

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

My ISP router wan adress is: 10.11.187.59 so I guess it is the double nat case. In this case what will happen if I bridge the wan and lan side of my Lede router (other than I let my ISP to access my lan network)? Are the settings good on the below picture?

If you want to go the bridging route you should bridge eth0 and eth1 onto lan not wan. Actually you then disable the wan interface. At this point your lede box is a fancy switch. See the dumb AP howto on the wiki. If you want more security you then need to do some iptables and set a sysctl that makes bridges call iptables. That's a different kettle of fish