Divested-WRT: No-nonsense hardened builds for Linksys WRT series

I have same disconnection issues in fresh and custom dsa builds also with apple devices.

WRT3200ACM

Do you guys use fast transition 802.11R on your 1900acs v2? (I have two of them)
I didn't get it up an running, some info from my attempt

I also have network issues after moving to the 5.10.28 kernel build(I dont know when others started having issues its just when I noticed and family started to complain). The devices do not say disconnected they just dont have internet for about 30-45 seconds then it comes back.
Mine tends to be cheaper android stuff for kids and my samsung tv running tizen.
I have not upgraded since. I dont know if its DSA issue or not but I upgraded to DSA a few months ago and this problem just started.

wrt3200acm

dont know if this is anything?
kernel log:

[  882.030856] ieee80211 phy0: staid 1 deleted
[  882.068867] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[  882.979226] ieee80211 phy0: staid 7 deleted
[  884.818235] ieee80211 phy0: staid 5 deleted
[  907.377793] ieee80211 phy0: staid 8 deleted
[ 1898.883350] ieee80211 phy0: staid 9 deleted
[ 2383.411975] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[ 2721.453133] ieee80211 phy0: staid 9 deleted
[ 2909.416699] ieee80211 phy1: staid 11 deleted

if anyone can find a solution to the disconnects, be sure to ping us :+1: .. I have no idea what it could be so I'm not much use lol

Can anyone point me to where I might find something about the two below messages that came up when I flashed the build I made today?
Not something I was expecting.

http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2021-May/035353.html

commit, was to overcome a migration issue.

Thanks @anon50098793. I recognized the changes were about DSA after reading the Mini tutorial a short while ago about the Simple ports bridging section and my network added a same config device section after the migration.

Thanks @anomeome I hadn't seen the commit and didn't hear any noise here about it.

1 Like

See netifd changes:

Maybe for better understanding see also:

LuCI uses the new syntax only so it offers users a migration.

Has anyone gotten a working Guest WLAN config working? I just upgraded from an old david build, and I'm trying to reconfigure everything as before.
I tried following the following guides:

but they don't work. When I tried connecting, the device doesn't get any connectivity. On windows ipconfig shows no IPv4 address assigned.

1 Like

I have noticed the exact issue (noticing the ipv4 failed assignment) and posted elsewhere about help with the config. Still no solution.

For those interested, I was able to fix my issue:

First I created a new network bridge br-lan2 with lan4, removing lan4 from br-lan. I had to assign the mac address to the same lan networks. Then I assigned this bridge as the base device on the "Guest" network interface. Next I had to fix undo a hardening customization in the Divested configuration by commenting the interface=br-lan line in /etc/dnsmasq.conf (aka add a # before the line of code). Then I rebooted my network (MUST reboot to take effect).

3 Likes

Did anyone have to do something special to get a network share setup with samba4 and block-mount up and running. I followed instructions I used to set up samba4 on my previous 19.07 David build, but I was unable to get it up and running. I have no idea where I went wrong. What are the required/necessary packages?

I couldn't get it working with this build either, maybe because of some missing kmods or security. If you need that install the newly released OpenWrt 21.02-rc2. Then just install them from there. I'm running that now it works great.

1 Like

Thanks @phinn ! I was killing myself trying to get Samba4 running. Do you have a recommended 21.02.0-rc2 package list or configuration mods required to support our routers (WRT1900ACS)? I've not built from the bottom up yet, so I have no idea what patching that might entail. I know I'll want at least OpenVPN, Block-Mount, Samba4, WatchCat, and SMQ/Cake

I'll need to remember to:

• Change 'enabled' from '0' to '1' in '/etc/config/irqbalance' for improved Wi-Fi performance.
  • Uncomment 'devcrypto=devcrypto' under the '[engine]' block in '/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf' for improved OpenSSL performance.
1 Like

Didn't know about setting the irqbalance to 1, thanks. Yea I just ssh in and run these on a clean rc2, then I go in and configure everything in LuCI:

opkg update
opkg install nano irqbalance iperf3 luci-app-advanced-reboot luci-app-sqm luci-app-adblock luci-app-wireguard luci-app-upnp luci-app-samba4 block-mount kmod-usb-storage kmod-usb-storage-uas kmod-usb-ohci kmod-usb-ohci-pci kmod-usb-uhci kmod-usb3 kmod-ata-marvell-sata ntfs-3g fdisk luci-app-hd-idle luci-theme-material

The initial release had a broken Network Shares page from luci-app-samba4, that's now fixed, I posted about it on the rc2 thread. I won't discuss further on this, don't want to flood Divested builds they are great in their own right.

1 Like

Thanks for this nice build!

When installing dnsmasq-full or upnpd I get the following error.

Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-nf-conntrack-netlink found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for miniupnpd:
 * 	kernel (= 5.4.123-1-8d9ce5e20a3c98329cc239cef8178c2f)

Do I need a different opkg feed?

@anomeome

Can you throw an old dog a bone?

I want to add this patch: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/patch/20201230220637.525822-1-me@irrelefant.net/ you referenced in the DSA Mini Tutorial.

I'm more than a little green when it comes to git, but I'm not coming up with exactly how to bring in this patch from above link. Can you expound a bit more?

I've already C/P it roundabout and into my buildroot/Files, and it's been quite useful to my understanding the tutorial.

For patchworks I just use the mbox button and apply with:

patch -p1 < file.patch

it is mbox format so if you want you can use the git -am command; I don't care about the semantics around that rxxxxx+y, where y is the patches you are ahead of whatever HEAD. I'm a ol'codger so old habits be hardly dying.

I think for this one I grabbed it and moved it into the files/usr/sbin of my builldroot with the other scripts I carry in the image I build, as it looks you have done.

Thank you very much! Exactly what i needed :grinning:

Nice to know - Thanks again.