Maybe check the Changelog?

2 Likes

@cantenna
Network > Interfaces > Devices > br-lan > configure > VLANs

3 Likes

This topic needs a new thread started.

No one will see this here.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I figured out the IT problem.

Curious to know more as to why OpenVPN is viewed as less secure, haven't heard that argument made before.

I apologise for dummy question. But I can't install some kmod packages, I get kernel dependency error. Is there any way to install except --force-dependencies

These are a Main Snapshot Build. Kernel changes occur frequently - aka - get them when you flash a very recent new build as soon as possible.

divested kernel is =6.1.51-1-370585ac…. , kmod depends =5.15.131-1-06cbb292

Not trying to pull in an immortalwrt feed are you?

No, I'm trying to install kmod-fs packages for mounting my hdd by sata.

I’d opine that the kernel has already moved on. ie on kernel 6.1.48 My kmod-fs- packages were at 5.15.128-1. Don’t conflate the kernel version with the kmod versioning.

I need to try change kmod repo link?

No. It’s not the issue. Let me ask, did you build from source or DL the sysupgrade.bin?

If you built from source, add the kmod to your config, and build a new image.

Otherwise wait for a new Divested build, flash it, and install the required kmod immediately.

Kmods are built based on the current kernel. When the kernel updates, the previous kmods won’t work with the new kernel version.

Otherwise wait for a new Divested build, flash it, and install the required kmod immediately.

Kmods are built based on the current kernel. When the kernel updates, the previous kmods won’t work with the new kernel version.

Updated to last Divested, 15.09.23, but still I get error:

Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.15.131-1-c497f458a849084aeac8f1aded884522) for kmod-fuse
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-fuse found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ntfs-3g:
 * 	kernel (= 5.15.131-1-c497f458a849084aeac8f1aded884522)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ntfs-3g.

@Hayo-Tee

• These builds frequently build newer kernels that aren't even merged upstream
  • These builds don't support the file server usecase, you'll have to compile it yourself or use the plain snapshots or official OpenWrt stable releases
1 Like

Official builds of Openwrt and Immortalwrt has buggy marwel driver. That's why I preferred your firmware. Assembling the firmware yourself is not a problem. The problem is its relevance. I can't rebuild it every time an update comes out.

Everybody has the same faulty Marvel mwlwifi, although there is this WIP

1 Like

Thanks man!
I've been on a long vacation so no time to check up on this.
For you that is not using dnscrypt2, what are you using as an alternative? VPN maybe?

I do use dnscrypt proxy2. Primarily because of Anonymized DNS feature.

When you reported it as doesn’t exist in opkg update I knew the buildbots weren’t compiling it. Found it just needed a version bump to make it build again.

Thanks, upgraded and now it's working again. Removed scandex because I don't know why a russian ISP provider would be a good fit for me, but hey, maybe in russia.

Thanks that means the Snapshot is fixed if needed. I'm too lazy to try to figure how to remove dnscrypt proxy2.... :rofl: