Divested-WRT: No-nonsense hardened builds for Linksys WRT series

are the LED's on the 1900ACSv2 still broken? (they stopped working for me a few firmware versions ago but I can't remember when)

I have no control over the Power, LAN1-4 and 2g/5g wifi LED's from within LUCI. I know the signals controlling them from the kernel are ok, cos I can re-allocate these to other LED's so I'm presuming there's something wrong with the naming convention in a config file.

The config shown above has power status rerouted to the WPS LED. LAN1 T shaped led keeps operating even if I set it to always off in LUCI so it must be getting control from another kernel signal.

Hi.

Big thanks for all the development work that has gone into this firmware.

I'm running a wrt32x and have installed the Jan 27th snapshot without issues. I'm not using wifi.

I have a couple of questions regarding additional packages. I have been looking at:

dnsmasq with stubby DoT
simple ad-block
banip

Is there any issues with adding these packages? Banip was dropped in previous builds?

Has anyone tried snort on one of the wrt devices? Don't think my threat model really warrants it :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tom

@mrtomtom
You should be able to install stubby and simple adblock without issue, just be sure to disable the included divblock.

see link below
banip was never updated for fw4 and won't work: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commit/a2f02572726d4659cd3f5e28387094b263dc6b74

1 Like

banip pre4 running well on fw4

4 Likes

Thanks. I wasn't aware of divblock. I'll give that a go first!

Have all issues plaguing WRT3200 resolved? Like switch issue and vlan tagg issue etc?

As far as I'm aware the vlan tagging issue is still present but the switch issue was resolved as of kernal 5.15. I don't use vlans and I haven't been using openwrt for a while. I'm going to switch back for a change :slight_smile:

"I'm running a wrt32x and have installed the Jan 27th snapshot without issues. I'm not using wifi."

"I don't use vlans and I haven't been using openwrt for a while. I'm going to switch back for a change :slight_smile:"

This dosen't add up right in my brain :sweat_smile:

When is the next version of OpenWRT is expected?? And what about current snapshots?

If you mean the next release cycle:

All builds in this community build are running Master Snapshot on 5.15 kernel. To all intents, yes.

I installed to test but was not using it as my firewall. I am now! Replaced a x86 ipfire firewall and it's all good.

I have a separate wifi AP so just turn off the radios. The comment was in relation to installing other software packages as I don't care about wifi performance.

Even the Vlan issue? Can anyone else confirm, thanks

Confirm what exactly, seems everything known has been stated previously, the switch issue is addressed by 5.15 kernel, this VLAN issue remains outstanding; whether that will matter to you is dependent on your use-case, I use VLANs but not the radios so no impact.

1 Like

Hi,

I have been reading about irqbalance and packet steering on the wrt32x.

From reading other posts it seems that packet steering is recommended as being turned on for the WRT series. Does anyone have experience to counter that or is that the recommended setting? I've done some minor testing and it seems to make no difference to my internet performance gauged by cloud flare speed test.

I've not tested irqbalance as it was suggested as a performance enhancer for wifi. I'm not using wifi but wondered if anyone has tested general throughput on any of the wrt series with it on? The wiki suggested it wasn't useful on cpus with only a single or two cores?

Thanks

irqbalance won’t work under DSA (no interrupt assigned to CPU1).

I do have packet steering enabled, but frankly, like yourself, I don’t find any difference.

1 Like

True, interestingly though it does show mwlwifi on CPU1. I never bother with irqbalance anymore anyway but just enable packet steering.

1 Like

I wanted to report that the VLAN tagging issue (wireless clients being isolated) still there with the latest build (Divested-WRT SNAPSHOT r22021+10-721206a1b1). Thanks for the new build tho.

Hey. Can I build own firmware based on divested-wrt? I need imagebuilder, reason is I want to use oficial and immortallwrt packages.

Yes.

Go nuts. Just remember, If somethings breaks, you get to keep both pieces!.

4 Likes

Hello,

I recently decided to muck around with a linksys wrt1900acv1 after getting it from work after it was slightly used as just a barebones router with no wifi. I used the most recent stable build but now with no qos enabled i'm only getting like 500/500 at best on my gigabit connection. Can someone tell me if there is a issue with the most recent stable build.