Divested-WRT: No-nonsense hardened builds for Linksys WRT series

@SkewedZeppelin Hi bud sorry to bother you, are you having issues with Cake kernel modules etc compiling.

I have done several builds and the images be it sysupgrades or full images seem to not include it.
Using your config and patch set hence why i am asking.

@solidus1983
I haven't done any builds since the 19th / 047b7621bb3ac266d193cf110a468e42f844be4f.
cake is compiling and working fine for me.
No issues.

1 Like

Thanks for reply, just checked my config I accidentally put kmod-sched as module, so rebuilding.

So I can guessing that was what it was as I was removing other sched modules I was experimenting with.

Update to this, even with everything matching your config but using Kernel 5.10 still has the cake SQM issue.

Currently compiling a Kernel 5.4 build.

@SkewedZeppelin

Looking for a bit of clarification re: Post #139 @wally_walrus on Feb 13 - How to include a set of configuration files in your build so router comes up pre-configured upon first boot after being flashed?

You suggested "you can put configs in
packages/base-files/
or
target/linux/mvebu/cortexa9/base-files/
or edit the specific files for each package.

You can also create a custom init script that calls uci with your changes.
There is CONFIG_PREINITOPT and CONFIG_INITOPT for overriding the init."

Can you expand or point me there?

It caught me off guard a bit 'cause my typical process prior to your builds was as per the Wiki:

Custom files

In case you want to include some custom configuration files, the correct place to put them is:

<buildroot dir>/files/

For example, let's say that you want an image with a custom /etc/config/firewall or a custom etc/sysctl.conf, then create these files as:

<buildroot dir>/files/etc/config/firewall
<buildroot dir>/files/etc/sysctl.conf

E.g. if your <buildroot dir> is ~/source and you want some files to be copied into firmware image's /etc/config directory, the correct place to put them is ~/source/files/etc/config .

Which is optimal?

thanks for the update.

1 Like

@di_Niko mentioned about the same issue

1 Like

Oh god, this issue was preventing me the use of DSA builds!

Thanks for the feedback, 5 hours since i removed static lease and so far the workaround its working!

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Hello, can you add the upnp module to the firmware!

Hello, can you add the argon theme to the firmware!

Careful what you're asking for. luci themes need to be (and remain!) actively supported, as luci itself is seeing very active development (incrementally moving from lua to a client-side Javascript implementation). This requires constant fixing or you'd end up with display- and functional problems. Luci/ OpenWrt developers however can only keep track of the bootstrap and openwrt(2020) themes, all other themes are community maintained - so they'll have to follow luci development (ideally quickly), or they become incompatible and break.

Non-standard themes may look cool, but unless you get upstream buy-in and become a primary citizen, they quickly become a very material problem.

1 Like

openwrt(2020) is ok

You can do it yourself after flashing.

Hey Guys,

I made new images with a combo of divested-wrt and dc502 build info.

All info/packages/images are shared through the link:

gvel50 build 5.4.105 with most requested packages from forum members

First impressions are really positive! If have vlan and adapter control through luci. My ping to cloudflare and google are under 3ms!
I have maximum download and upload speed of 930-960mbps!
With adblock, dnsssec, banip, mwan,vlan/switch support,samba4, qos, sqm, luci stars, wireguard, openvpn, airmon-aircrack, mwan3 and luci dsa support!
And the orca wireless regulatory db works perfectly with both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi. I have no warnings, errors, critical lines in dmesg and logs!
I even splitted up my wifi with wpa3/wpa2 aes/CCMP....and other wifi ssid to different vlan with wpa2 enterprise radius!

No disconnects, stable and fast wifi!

There's one thing, my traceroute(6) doesn't work properly, but I read that's a bug in Openwrt 21 and will be resolved by the dev team!

Important!!
Forgot to include wget-ssl, nano so download this because adblock needs this!
You can restore your settings EXCEPT IF YOU USE VLAN AND SPLIT NETWORKS OR SPECIAL SWITCH CONFIG, THEN START FRESH AND REBUILD YOUR ROUTER FROM DEFAULT!!
THE ROUTER WILL NOT PERFORM OPTIMAL IF YOU RESTORE OLD NETWORK CONFIG (DSA RELATED)

1 Like

Thanks!

Will test your build.

I have tried to compile severall times using a config that you sent me, but no one is booting mu wrt3200acm..

In David's WRT builds thread they are talking about something called "DSA".
Does anyone know what this is and if it is "enabled" in this build?
BTW: Im using this for some weeks now and it works flawlessly. Thanks so much for your builds SkewedZeppelin!

1 Like

@zmcjs

I have no intent on adding unnecessary things like extra themes.
You should be able to install luci-app-upnp from opkg.

@anon68513369
Please kindly consider making your own thread for your builds.

@rsolis76
nice find!

@DrSchnagels
All snapshot builds have been DSA instead of swconfig for nearly a year iirc.
Including these builds.

1 Like

I'm taking your config and some small part from Dave dc502 and building images with the latest trunk.
Hope you don't feel offended! I know your images with openssl in combo with mwlwifi and some other packages are the best combination!

However I want the latest kernel and now finally dsa/VLAN support in luci.
And I never build my images with -O2 hostflags...thanks for the tips!

Thank you! Not only for the images themselves but also for the time you put in to your builds/support/answers/tips on the forum!

And maybe a tip for your builds after 5.4.96....the kernel is really much faster and stable than before! I never had a simple consumer fiber line with a ping of 2.8ms on Cloudflare and 2.9ms on Google!

Maybe you want to look in the kmod-sdio and kmod-pcie (combined with kmod-mii, kmod-libphy), as well as replacing ip-tiny with ip-full....better for latency and constant bandwidth!

Last of all: my 1900ac v2 boots, setup wan, dnscrypt, and mwan, VLAN in 9.4 seconds (inc wifi) thanks to you!

Here's my example of why openssl combined with devcrypto....build in 2015 for a wdr3600 with Lede, multi user luci support and 3g and 4g and wwan combined with mwan3.....on a wdr3600 is really the best combo! (So I'm building for my routers with Openwrt and Lede images for 7 years)

Authentication and connection within 2 seconds with a WPA enterprise connection!!!

Hi @SkewedZeppelin, you announced around mid-Feb that bmon was dropped due to not compiling... Is that still the case?

TIA

can you build wrt32x images thank you!