Divested-WRT: No-nonsense hardened builds for Linksys WRT series

It seems that the two Galaxy S8 phones on my network experience the same issue as @rsolis76 does, except that I believe I've reproduced it even on a fresh install without any static leases set. I've seen it on the official RC1 (I think...could've been a similar but different failure?) as well as multiple divested builds. Not really sure how to collect more data on it at this point. I've found that once they fall into this bad state:

• They can't access webpages
  • They can't ping within or outside the network or be pinged
  • If they use a network analysis app, they're still able to discover PCs using less common services.
  • And I can't be sure of this, but it seems like RC1 is better behaved than this firmware, wherein trying to access the router repeatedly or retrying a google search eventually corrects the issue? This is pretty hard to prove.

Normal recovery as mentioned is just to disconnect/reconnect or hop to the other band.

Truly bizarre, and sad that it's preventing me from a trouble-free run on an otherwise great firmware. Never seen this issue on the stock firmware over the years. I wonder if this is just the current (and possibly permanent) state of mwlwifi as far as interacting with the radio used in these phones.