Divested-WRT: No-nonsense hardened builds for Linksys WRT series

What does this do exactly? Had to comment it to make my guest wifi work.

Next I had to fix/undo a "network hardening" customization specifically in the Divested build configuration by commenting the interface=br-lan line in /etc/dnsmasq.conf (aka add a # before the line of code). Then I rebooted my network (MUST reboot to take effect).

dnsmasq should not listen on all interfaces, restrict it to br-lan.

Specific to this Community Build. Places interface=br-lan into /etc/dnsmasq.conf.

Ok should I insert
interface=br-guest under br-lan to make it work maybe?

No.

This will break default config if your LAN isn't br-lan.

Out of curiosity, are you still running on this build?

Yes still running, latest version. :slight_smile:

Referring to Configure interface and device for Guest vlan/wifi.

Is it really solved?

Well it works, ip address is ok and internet access and nothing in the local network. VLAN's I've not started with yet.
edit: vlan looks doable but they refer to the older version of openwrt. Found some newer that I will try out later on. Maybe I should re-open the other thread - thanks.

Open a new thread please. That one is marked solved.

I'm honestly shocked lol. Brainslayer tested it as well. Moved up to wifi6 for my main wifi via the U6-Lite wap, but this would be a great fix if it works out. They should take a risk and put this into OpenWrt 23.03.

3 Likes

Someone needs to solve this problem in the absence of @kaloz, try to contact him if he hasn't already signed a contract with lnksys to stop providing support....

1 Like

I finally switched over to the Snapshot. So far so good on a WRT3200.

I had to ditch the U6-Lite. I upgraded my Linux distro and it doesn't support the UniFi server.

I'm now running a Netgear AP WAX620. I tried a WAX214 which uses a Luci interface. I still have it but the range was a bit too low for me.

Those are good options too, I just manage my U6-Lite from the phone app for now. Whenever I finally replace my WRT32X (with the NanoPi R4S most likely) has so much ram and cpu I'll install Docker onto OpenWrt and run the unifi-controller container.

1 Like

This has been merged now which is great and unexpected.

When would these changes typically hit master snapshots?

Would this benefit WRT3200 users as well?

It is awesome to see some work being put into the driver and also exciting that the pull request was merged.

1 Like

How much more can we continue pushing this router when no one else is ready to support it?

1 Like

Where you saw that about merging?

The mwlwifi repo owner, kaloz, just merged the pull request a few hours ago.

Link: https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/commits/master

I believe OpenWrt master snapshots pulls/builds directly from that source if I’m not mistaken.

Typically kaloz wasn’t as quick to merge changes in the past. Also, hopefully this new developer will continue poking into other issues in the code as he has pointed out some other issues in the driver.

This is positive news, at least as long as these changes do fix issues and stability. I don’t know if many users got to test it yet though.

Edit: Judging from his own repo (https://github.com/jbsky/mwlwifi/commits/next-20230310) this new developer has a couple of new commits since, including driver version update, likely indicating that he has more fixes coming in time.

2 Likes

This is certainly good news! When r we going to see it in production builds? I can’t wait to flash it again on my router.

Also can WRT3200 handle a gigabyte connection?

Upload the PR in your build and test it

It still does not build against a current pull.

3 Likes