Disabling AMSDU Newifi 3 D2

Hi as the title says, can anyone teach me how to disable the AMSDU on my Newifi 3 D2?. I heard that it needs to edit the file called mac80211.c but I don't know how and where to start. The reason why I want to disable the AMSDU(incase it was enabled by default) is I'm guessing that this might be the reason for the drop packets in WIFI. Hope someone can help me. I'm currently using the stable version OpenWrt 19.07.9 r11405-2a3558b0de. Thank you.

Should be able to turn on/off via the filesystem I think.

Read somewhere in github that all it needs is to access the mac80211.c then comment this out:

ieee80211_hw_set(hw, SUPPORTS_AMSDU_IN_AMPDU);

The problem is, I don't know how to access the mac80211.c. I know I'm still newbie for this but I'm willing to learn if someone could teach me. Thank you.

That would require building an image with the code change. Much simpler, and dynamic, if you can just alter things on a running system. Example from a different device:

echo "0" >> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/mwlwifi/tx_amsdu && echo "0" >> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/mwlwifi/tx_amsdu && logger "AMSDU Disabled"

added to /etc/rc.local. You would have to alter for your device FS, if indeed access is provided (which I do not know for sure).

1 Like

sad to say thay didn't work me, I also tried to search for those files amsdu using winSCP but it cannot be found. Well, It's harder than I thought, I was hoping that it could be easier but I guess I need a deeper knowledge about it? hehe, anyway, Thank you very much.