Disabling 6rd without removing package...?

Hi,

Is there a way to disable 6rd functionality without removing the package?
Because it comes on automatically, there is no way to disable it and there is no init script or config file.
Virtual interface is created and there is no way to disable the 6rd functionality, at least not through LUCI.
So what is the best way?

Thanks!

You can change option for IPv6 on parent interface to 0.

Do you mean putting option ipv6 '0' to interface config?
Because I tried it and the ipv6 6rd interface still comes on when the interface is connected. Also visible in luci as virtual interface but all grayed out so no settings can be changed. I rebooted router just to be sure...

config interface 'wan'
        option ifname 'eth0.2'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option metric '20'
        option ipv6 '0'

6rd-wan_6 Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
          inet6 addr: ::54f8:a5d4/96 Scope:Compat
          inet6 addr: 2001:2003:f4a5:d400::1/38 Scope:Global
          UP RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1280  Metric:1
          RX packets:48 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:44 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:16677 (16.2 KiB)  TX bytes:27077 (26.4 KiB)

Can you try to remove 6rd package?
I think this is directed from your ISP, so as long as the package is there it will be active.

Yes, if I remove the package and reboot router, the interface disappears.
But I would rather not remove/add packages to enable/disable features.

I think the information about 6rd comes through DHCP but my ISP obviously does not control my OpenWRT router. I hope not :slight_smile: I should be able to not accept their 6rd offer.

As already written, setting option ipv6 0 on the wan (not wan6) interface should inhibit the autocreation of a 6RD interface.

@jow and I already showed you the config I used and when I restart the router the 6rd interface is there!

Ok. Please try option iface6rd 0 instead, then.

3 Likes

That seems to work!, undocumented feature :slight_smile: how did you know such option existed?

I was puzzled why option ipv6 didn't work and grepped through the sources. I find this option rather obscure so I am thinking about aligning the behaviour with the existing option ipv6 defined for PPPoE later.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.