Disable UART bridge on OpenWRT Arduino Yun Rev-2

Hello,

Does anybody how to disable the Arduino YUN rev-2 bridge?

I want to use my own serial communication program written in C running on the OpenWRT side, to communicate with the Arduino over the UART serial port, but seems the bridge in there messing it up!!

I need to disable the bridge or remove it completely.

Thanks

Hello,

Do you know how to disable the YUN rev-2 bridge?

I want to use my own serial communication program written in C running on the OpenWRT side, with the Arduino over the UART serial port, but seems the bridge in there messing it up.

I need to remove the bridge software if i can, or disable it.

Thanks

I flashed my old Yun with 18.06 generic so none of the arduino-yun atheros-side software is present unless specifically installed, like I said in original post arduino can comunicate with atheros on /dev/ttyATH0. I see that latest 19.x is also available for yun so am funnily enough just in process of messing with the yun myself, though I have not found a use for arduino to atheros comms as yet... (except messing with the sketch that enables a console over the arduino side usb, some flashing lights maybe, I use raspberry pi for most stuff) just using it as an alternative router/mqtt-server on the openwrt side.

ssh in to the yun and see what top is showing, you should see bridge running, you can just kill process-number.

in openwrt stuff is enabled/disabled using /etc/init.d/processname start | stop | enable | disable

it's been a while since I messed with it, but it could be the console that is getting in your way, as I recall everything arduino side is started using serial-communication with the console... I could be wrong.