DHCPOFFER question

I connect a embedded develop board (using python to coding) to OpenWRT router, but can't request IP correctly, raise Received DHCP Message is not OFFER on my embedded develop board, and appear message from OpenWRT 'System Log' below:

Mon Sep 14 09:49:38 2020 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[1754]: DHCPDISCOVER(br-lan) de:ad:be:ef:fe:ed
Mon Sep 14 09:49:38 2020 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[1754]: DHCPOFFER(br-lan) 192.168.1.167 de:ad:be:ef:fe:ed

This embedded develp board connect to Mikrotik router can request IP correctly, and other device(e.g. Laptor) connect to this OpenWRT router can request IP correctly.

Which reason will cause client raise Received DHCP Message is not OFFER ?
Can I let OpenWRT output more detail debug message to find out what's going wrong?

You can configure DNSMASQ to be more verbose, and post the full info about the response set to the client: just set "logdhcp" to "1" on "/etc/config/dhcp". Or you can use tcpdump (optionally, with wireshark) to inspect the packets.

2 Likes

Hard to say for something we know nothing about and anyway out of the scope of this forum.

1 Like

Thanks, messages very useful.