DHCP Issue with OpenWrt on Ubiquiti U6-Lite using Relayd as Transparent Bridge

Greetings OpenWrt Community,

I am seeking assistance with a DHCP issue on my OpenWrt OS running on Ubiquiti U6-Lite, and I am hoping someone here can provide some troubleshooting help.

The issue is that I have configured my OpenWrt device as a Wi-Fi repeater using the relayd package. The wireless clients can successfully connect and obtain IP addresses via DHCP. However, when I connect a device directly to the ETH1 port of the OpenWrt device, it fails to receive an IP address via DHCP. I can connect to the internet without any issues if I manually set the IP address on the connected device to be within the correct range.

I have taken the following steps to address the issue:

1. Confirmed that the relayd package is installed and configured properly to bridge the LAN and WWAN interfaces.
  2. Moved the repeater_bridge interface into the same firewall zone as the LAN and WWAN interfaces.
  3. Ensured that the DHCP server on the OpenWrt device is disabled so that it relays DHCP requests to the main router.
  4. Checked the settings on the main router to ensure that nothing is preventing the OpenWrt device from relaying DHCP requests.
  5. Rebooted both the main router and the OpenWrt device multiple times.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists. I am using the newest version of OpenWrt on a Ubiquiti U6-Lite access point with one port that is PoE. I still need to use the port for hardwired connectivity, so I can plug in a switch to it.

If anyone has any suggestions on what else I can try to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your anticipated assistance.

I followed this guide: Setup LAN/WLAN Bridge with OpenWrt (LuCI) (updated) - Nerd Quickies (nerd-quickies.net)

Best regards,
David