DHCP Forwarding is not working on all routers

Hello!
I have bought four Routers (MiWiFi Router 3) and I installed LibreMesh on them, which basically is LuCi:
Powered by LuCI Master (git-17.350.54625-05c522e) / LiMe develop development (develop rev. 10b4c37 20171216_1829)

Now I have the following two issues:

a) only one Router does provide DHCP forward (=WiFi works) even though all of them have a similar setup

disabled DHCP
connected to LAN not WAN port
made static routes
b) Mesh is not working?! But that could be a side effect of a)

I am using the following:
10.7.2.11x as addresses for the router
10.7.1.1 is the gateway (and DHCP Server)
Net mask 255.255.0.0

I have setup this on the "Br-lan" /Lan Interface.

I disabled dnsmasq and the firewall but still, only one router gives me proper DHCP and the clients do work.

Any ideas?
What type of log files should I attach for additional help? Thank you in advance!

LibreMesh is supposed to self-configure. Changing any network settings through LuCI outside of the LibreMesh page is likely to break it.

Hi,
Well I had to change some stuff so that it works with my network though. Otherwise I had a couple of dhcp servers and wrong IPs.
So I just changed the LAN settings and as said one router does work - however it’s also not stable and reliable though.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Richi

Im was using odhcpd, but even after disabling the dhcp server in luci i had to go into /etc/config/dhcp and change main '1' to main '0'. now it no longer gives out leases and forwards to my pihole with dhcp and dns.whats your dhcp config file look like?

HI,

config odhcpd 'odhcpd'
        option maindhcp '0'
        option leasefile '/tmp/hosts/odhcpd'
        option leasetrigger '/usr/sbin/odhcpd-update'
        option loglevel '4'

Also compared it to the one, which works. Network and dhcp config are the same. Any other ideas?

Also I noticed that the throughput is everything but not stable at all - even if I do not use a mesh'd network but just a single WLAN which is working on one device.

Check out hostapd

Thanks. I will for now start from scratch and see if I can get it to work.

Richi

Hi
So i have now default options on them and now the mesh does not work but the internet on each of the routers if I connect to the WiFi on them which is not mesh. Probably should make a new thread for that then i guess...

Richi

1 Like

Google libremesh with Luci might find something useful.

1 Like