Device not supported (wrt3200acm rango) snapshot install

I'm trying to install the latest snapshot with image builder, just like I normally do with the stable version (19.07.6)
I downloaded this file (cortexa9) openwrt-imagebuilder-mvebu-cortexa9.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz for my wrt3200acm rango.

making an image with this command:
make image PROFILE=linksys_wrt3200acm PACKAGES="luci-app-advanced-reboot luci-app-advanced-reboot dnsmasq-full adblock banip luci-app-banip luci-app-adblock luci-app-openvpn openvpn-openssl luci-app-vpn-policy-routing vpn-policy-routing watchcat luci-app-watchcat luci-app-sqm sqm-scripts collectd collectd-mod-cpu collectd-mod-dns collectd-mod-interface collectd-mod-iwinfo collectd-mod-load collectd-mod-memory collectd-mod-network collectd-mod-ping collectd-mod-rrdtool collectd-mod-sensors collectd-mod-thermal ip-full luci-theme-bootstrap luci-theme-openwrt -dnsmasq" FILES=files/

But when I upload the sysupgrade image (or factory) I get;

Device linksys,rango not supported by this image Supported devices: linksys,wrt3200acm armada-385-linksys-rango linksys,rango - Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA Image check failed.

The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Do I use the wrong image, or is it something else?

I didn't had this error in the past, with stable or snapshot.

1 Like

Just read the error message....

The change from swconfig based switch management to DSA breaks config.
You can't sysupgrade with keeping settings.
This is an intentional helpful notice to you, so that you do not brick the router.

Use the force option and make sure that you uncheck the keep settings checkbox.

1 Like

thx for your quick reply, I did read the error message, but I'm to stupid to understand what is says :wink:

I never keep my settings, I will use the force option and see what it does.

Please just understand that in this case, do not restore old settings after the sysupgrade, either.

You need to do the network config from scratch.

1 Like