Default Network config disables 2 NICs

I have a Linksys Wireless Router with 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN ports, I installed OpenWRT on it pretty much with default network configuration, except enabled WiFi and PPPoE over WAN.
However,I found that 2 NICs (LAN1 and LAN3) were disabled (OpenWRT web admin shows "no link"), Plugin cable did not turn on the light of RJ45 port. But LAN 2 & LAN 4 were working as expected..

Any thoughts please ?

please post the output of

ubus call system board
1 Like

Did you use the same cable (and device at the other end) to test all the ports? Were the ports working immediately before you flashed OpenWRT onto the router?

1 Like

same network cable...

root@OpenWrt:~# ubus call system board
{
        "kernel": "5.15.150",
        "hostname": "OpenWrt",
        "system": "ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)",
        "model": "Linksys WRT1200AC",
        "board_name": "linksys,wrt1200ac",
        "rootfs_type": "squashfs",
        "release": {
                "distribution": "OpenWrt",
                "version": "23.05.3",
                "revision": "r23809-234f1a2efa",
                "target": "mvebu/cortexa9",
                "description": "OpenWrt 23.05.3 r23809-234f1a2efa"
        }
}
root@OpenWrt:~#

Are you sure those ports worked with the original firmware? Unless you changed the configuration, only reason I can think for that behavior is a hardware issue, but that should happen with the original firmware too.

2 Likes

At least port LAN 1 was working fine few months ago in Linksys's original firmware. After I installed OpenWRT, the issue came out. I tend to believe that HW Port is not faulty, though there is still a chance for that.

Try restoring the vendor firmware to see if the ports start working again. That is really the only way to truly rule in/out a hardware failure (or other related issue).

3 Likes

will do the testing to confirm.. thanks for your reply.

Let us know what happens.

If it's not too late, please post the output of the following:

cat /etc/config/network

I was looking at your screenshot and something seemed very wrong, but I'm not sure what the config file actually shows -- that's the way to know for sure.