Decompile to activate w1 (onewire)

I struggled to activate w1 and then found that from v21.02.0 away I have to do different. So, this is my first time in decompiling a device-tree.

I found this on the "boot" partitition of my RPi3b+ sdcard:

Then I chose the https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.gpio/1-wire and copied it to my desktop and ran the command i found in the w1 docs here.

Unfortunately, i ran in to a problem i don't understand:

It seems like the docs are wrong.
I read in the help file that -O is the Output format and -I is the Input format.
Aren't they flipped?

Still, it does not find my file. Why?

And more general, will this process be simplified in future?

EDIT:
Seams like i miss understood the dtc dtd ... as this first dtd stands for the file. Maybe it would be good to write dtc XY.dtd ... or similar... @Elux011

I got the OPi.dts file with errors, but lastly my RPi3b+ does not have an pinctrl@1c20800 Section.
It looks like this: https://pastebin.com/T4Ffu7vV

Where do I add the w1-pin{...} and w1-gpio{...} declarations correctly?
And how do I find out the hex address of PIN7 (GPIO4)?

I haven't used OpenWrt on an RPi, but the standard way of enabling DTS-overlays with RPi is to just...add them to the /boot/config.txt - file. If there's w1-gpio.dtbo in /boot/overlays, all you need to do to enable onewire is add the following line to /boot/config.txt and reboot:

dtoverlay=w1-gpio

Or, if you want to use some different GPIO-pin instead of GPIO4, which is the default, use:

dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=yourgpiopinhere

That's it!

@novski

I have no Idea.
The descripted way is the way i use for my 20+ W1-devices to got running. I think, it is not so much complicated...

You are right, at RPi (Broadcom) this Section named "gpio@7e200000". The used names are depending from the used Drivers.
more information about the drivers you can read at kernel.org

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.