DeBricked Sky SR102

Nobody reads the instructions anymore.
Get another device and read twice before you flash once.

1 Like

Flash is in bottom left corner, to the right of bottom of big capacitor 10x3300.

Ough, you should use dupont cable to connect, not soldering!

1 Like

images

Does making this help me?!

Or understands them...

If you have a 5V parallel port, then yes. However, since you already tried without the resistor, chances are that you have already killed the board.

No, flash is on the other side of the board! I agree that this IC has the same case as an SPI flash, but judging from the surroundings, this is some sort of regulator control IC.

1 Like

How do I know if I have damaged the board or not?

Is my parallel computer port 5v?

By using the proper cable and trying again - if it works, fine. If it doesn't, it's probably a dead board.

I remember having used such a very simple JTAG cable with just four resistors years ago - it worked, but it took ages to flash.

It's your computer, not mine. If it's a proper onboard parallel port, it should be 5V. To be sure, measure the voltage on the pins.

It shows these voltages with an ohmmeter
It is possible that it is not burned yet, please
TCK -> 3.3v
TMS -> 3.3v
TDO -> 0v
TDI -> 3.3v
I/O Reset -> 0v

The router or the parallel port, i.e. where did you measure?

If I were you, I would do the following now:

• Build the JTAG cable with 4 resistors
  • Power OFF router
  • Attach JTAG cable
  • Power ON router
  • Start JTAG software

If it doesn't work, throw it away and get a new router. It's not worth the hassle. And therefore this is also my last post here - there are tons of resources in the Wiki that should help you further.

1 Like

->>>>> Router

Hello, I connected the router to the router with a homemade parallel cable, when running the jtag program, I get the following error!
what does it mean?
error report :
Warning: TDO seems to be stuck at 1

I tried to follow everything carefully, I don't know what this error is for?

By the way, what is the name of the programmer whose photo you posted, it was not found in any store in my country or abroad on the internet!!!

300 ohm resistors are used between the router and the computer. For each individual wire

Here: https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=Parallel+JTAG+programmer

Hello, please tell me according to the link of the store below, which programmers are suitable for this problem? please
link :https://www.javanelec.com/Shops?productCategory=1090

If I want someone to program the flash IC for me, is it possible to flash it with any programmer through the connections on the board, which are 5 pins near the flash IC?
Because flash ICs are usually 8 pins! But this IC is not limited to this number!

Please, if jtag doesn't answer, tell me with which programmer I should program IC?????

If I want someone to program the flash IC for me, is it possible to flash it with any programmer through the connections on the board, which are 5 pins near the flash IC?
Because flash ICs are usually 8 pins! But this IC is not limited to this number!

Please, if jtag doesn't answer, tell me with which programmer I should program IC?

I can really only say that openwrt instructions for debrick are useless because my device is stuck on the yellow light and doesn't even recognize the lan and serial cable, even the reset keys don't work.

Did you ever consider the possibility that the router is dead and any attempt to bring it back to life is either

1. Not possible, because some IC were killed during your experiment with the flash chip.
  2. Much to complicated, because it needs a lot more knowledge than you have at the moment and/or requires additional hardware (such as a JTAG or SPI programmer) which will also cost you some money.
  3. This will cost you more time and money than to get another router.

Or is it nearly impossible, to get another used, better suited router in Iran?

3 Likes

Is this any help?

Keep in mind that the SR102 will have no WiFi as the B43 drivers however there is a mini pci slot inside so maybe get a qualcomm from ebay? - Its also a dual core CPU @ 400mhz = 800mhz so ok for anything below 50MB speed, Also LAN is only 100Mbit not even 1Gig but the flash chip is 16MB so farly okay but getting on abit.

1 Like

I am sure that my problem is due to the lack of a programmer. Because when I connect the router with a parallel cable, the errors are the same, no matter when I disconnect it.
Because I connected the router to a homemade parallel cable that I made with 4 resistors!
In both cases, the errors are the same!