Debrick Archer C6 V2 EU to official tp-link firmware

Hi guys,
If you want to go back to stock firmware on archer c6 v2 eu.

1.You need a eeprom flasher like the cheap CH341A eeprom programmer or use any eeprom programmer.
2.You need a working openwrt or bricked c6 v2 eu version.
3.Some soldering skills to desolder and resolder the eeprom chip.
4.HxD Hex editor to edit the full dump.
5.You need the download bin file in the description.
6.ftp server to repush the official firmware downloaded from tp-link.

Desolder the eeprom and solder it to the CH341A adapter or use a cliper as in the photo
adapter

Open up the ch341a software and do a detect chip,usualy it's a WINBOND W25Q64JV. For better take a photo prior disoldering to see what type of eeprom chip it is.

Read the dump and save it somewhere as Originaldump.bin and create a second copy of it.

Download the file on the link.

unbrick.bin

Open hxd and drag and drop the downloaded file unbrick.bin to HEX EDITOR.

Ctrl+a to select all on the hex editor and copy.You need this to paste to the Original dump.

Now drag and drop the Originaldump.bin you created early with the eeprom and go to offset 00030000 and paste write as in the photo offset 00030000

You will see something like this in the end of the paste. offsett end

Now save the file with the hex editor. The hex editor will create a new Originaldump.bin.bak as a backup of the original file.

Now flash the Modified Originaldump.bin.

Erase the flash chip.write the modified Originaldump.bin and verify the buffer if it's the same.

Desolder the eeprom chip and resolder it to the archer c6 v2 board. Let it cool a little as it did a good job being Hot xD.

Power on and let it boot.Check if it did boot by going to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

if you see the stock tplink welcome screen to put the new password just shut it off.

Go download the latest firmware from tp-link site for the Archer c6 v2 eu and put your archer in tftp mode.

Go to your network addapter and change the network adapter ip to 192.168.0.66 and netmask 255.255.255.0

download tftp server from the link tftp64

Open tftp go to browse and select the folder with the official lattest tp-link archer c6 v2 eu version.

Rename the official lattest tp-link archer c6 v2 eu version to ArcherC6v2_tp_recovery.bin

Now power on the router with the reset button pushed about 2 to 3 seconds and let go. You will see that the tftp server will poopup a windows trasfering the file.

Let it flash the firmware.

Go to network adapter and sett to obtain the ip address automaticlly.

Go to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

And here you have the stock tplink firmware.

Hope you enjoy your router.

If you consider donation in crypto.

Crypto usdt - tron network

TGaF79WFpXo5N6JADoc8EpjW2UcGZ5fsH8

Thank you.

1 Like

@Sensei can can you please send me full dump archer c6 eu v2 because before i was erased bios chip and i cannot be saved original dump file of archer c6 , and your unbrick.bin file i was write that file in my bios chip then i was solider chip in router archer c6 then in plug adapter on archer c6 router then it was so two light blink and not boot working so please help me and send me.

Here is a link of the full dump

hope this helps.

1 Like

hello sir which tools is good for ch341a using router and direct write your file in my chip

The best tool is the original one ch341A programmer tool

hello sir your file direct flash in my chhip yeah any modify your dump.

Hello sir please send modified file suppose I will direct flash then run and can you please make video how it's flash and work because when I am file direct flash no modified then I will write in my chip and then soldered then plug in router then not work same issues.

you dont need to modify it
flash it directly

Open ch341a software.

click on detect.If all is correctly soldered you will get id and it will try to find the correct model of the chip.
Best is look at the chip with a phone zoomed and write down the model of the chip.
If the program did not find the correct one,try to select the correct one.
Read the chip and see if there is if it reads something on the chip.
If it is blanc flash it dirrectly with the fullbackup bin file.
Open file,select the fullbackup you downloaded,and select auto program.
This will erase,flash and verify the chip.
After it finished just do a read chip..Save the read to another folder.
Download hxd hex editor and do a compare file.
select the one you did read and the full nand.
If it show same files.You are good to go and resolder the chip to the board.

Hope this will help you.

sir same problem and see my flash process.
please help me.

1 Like

can you please send proper file will work in my router tplink archer c6 eu v2 and please help me

Did you proceed with the

Power on and let it boot.Check if it did boot by going to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

if you see the stock tplink welcome screen to put the new password just shut it off.

Go download the latest firmware from tp-link site for the Archer c6 v2 eu and put your archer in tftp mode.

Go to your network addapter and change the network adapter ip to 192.168.0.66 and netmask 255.255.255.0

download tftp server from the link tftp64

Open tftp go to browse and select the folder with the official lattest tp-link archer c6 v2 eu version.

Rename the official lattest tp-link archer c6 v2 eu version to ArcherC6v2_tp_recovery.bin

Now power on the router with the reset button pushed about 2 to 3 seconds and let go. You will see that the tftp server will poopup a windows trasfering the file.

Let it flash the firmware.

Go to network adapter and sett to obtain the ip address automaticlly.

Go to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

And here you have the stock tplink firmware.

not working boot only. flashing light same problem previous

sir please check your fille full dump file its working or not?

Hello sir i think your file is incorrect because when i was flashed then same problem showed so please check your file and then send me proper file please sir help me.

Here is the fulldump,i just dump it now.
This should work dirrecly without any modifications.

fulldump

ok sir i will check today.

Just make sure that your archer is EU and not US.As the partition on the firmware are different.

sir your arccher is us?