DDNS Support for no-ip.com

I'm currently trying to migrate from OpenWRT to LEDE and am building my own images from source.

Everything is working ok, however OpenWRT had a package called:

CONFIG_PACKAGE_ddns-scripts_no-ip_com

This is the provider I use for my Dynamic DNS, is there a plan to include this Package in future builds of LEDE? Or can anyone tell me how I might port the package from OpenWRT to LEDE so that I can build it my self?

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Plasma

The package already exists. It's called ddns-scripts_no-ip_com

Packages and LuCI feeds are common to LEDE and Openwrt. No need to port anything.

you can select that in menuconfig, "Network" --> "IP Addresses and Names" menu

│ │         < > bind-tools............................... bind administration tools (all)  │ │  
  │ │         -*- ddns-scripts.............. Dynamic DNS Client scripts (with IPv6 support)  │ │  
  │ │         < >   ddns-scripts_cloudflare............... CloudFlare.com API v1 (deprecated)│ │  
  │ │         < >   ddns-scripts_cloudflare.com-v4...... CloudFlare.com API v4 (require cURL)│ │  
  │ │         < >   ddns-scripts_godaddy.com-v1................... GoDaddy.com (require cURL)│ │  
  │ │         < >   ddns-scripts_no-ip_com...................... DDNS extension for No-IP.com│ │  
  │ │         < >   ddns-scripts_nsupdate................. DDNS extension using Bind nsupdate│ │  
  │ │         < > dhcp-forwarder.......................................... DHCP relay agent  │ │  

Thanks both for of for prompt replies, I had looked in Make MenuConfig but when I selected the main ddns package the other one was no where to be found. I also looked in .config to see if I could manually select but couldn't find it in there either.

I'll take another look when I get home this afternoon.

Plasma

You can also use inadyn (it's in the package repo, no ui for luci however).

Thanks, I did manage to find it using @hnyman detailed reply, I can only assume I was looking in the wrong section for it. I've managed to build an image with it included now, and it looks good (Also works in LuCI).

Just need to wait for a convenient gap in my son's gaming to turn off the internet while we migrate the main router! :slight_smile:

Plasma