Ddns : No or private or invalid IP

i forget to indicate that from outside, my lan is not accessible anyway :(.

That confirms your phrase : "Right now your firewall configuration is the default which doesn't accept any incoming WAN except pings and IPsec."...

How do you see that ?

There are no config redirect blocks.

For example to forward from the WAN to a web server (TCP port 80) located at 192.168.1.5 on your LAN, you'd use something like this:

config redirect
    option target 'DNAT'
    option name 'mywebserver'
    option src 'wan'
    option src_dport 80
    option dest 'lan'
    option dest_ip '192.168.1.5'
    option dest_port 80
    option proto 'tcp'

Also of course a port forward or DMZ must be properly set up in your main router connected to the ISP. This would forward from the Internet to your OpenWrt router's WAN IP.

Test from the outside first (using a separate Internet service) then consider access from inside.

i did defined some redirections

and dmz is configured on my isp modem to OpenWrt router.

Je pense que vous manquez des informations très importantes. Je suis heureux que vous ayez découvert "checkip".

I think you are missing very important information. I am happy you discovered "checkip".

@lleachii, well, i learn every days :slight_smile:
but it is quite sophisticated !
domain , modem, router... i spent so much time with OpenWrt, but it is soo strong once configured !

1 Like

Had the same issue -> No or private or invalid IP
I have several routers behind my ÌPS modem - so, tough finding out with nslookup real WAN IP (need do that for testing purposes).

Your hint helped to get duck dns to work.
Just allow that an Update shall be allowed with local IP as well and removed the IP part from the custom update url.

config ddns 'global'
	option upd_privateip '1'
config service 'duckdns'
	option update_url 'http://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=[USERNAME]&token=[PASSWORD]'

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.