DD-WRT WDS Station to OpenWrt WDS Client

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my GL-MT300N-V2 to connect via WDS to my Netgear R9000 (which runs DD-WRT), to function as a WIFI to Ethernet bridge. It connects and works fine but the clients are all on a separate subnet and I need them to be on the same subnet as the station.

I attempted to change the IP of the br-lan interface to an address on the same subnet (192.168.2.10) and then disable the DHCP server. I could get to the LuCi panel but did not have an internet connection or a connection to the station, and then a short time later, I could not reach the panel at all.

Would anybody have any idea on how I could go about fixing this?

Many thanks.

Use relay configuration, no need for WDS :

in the exemple 192.168.2.xxx are not used
all machines use 192.168.1.xxx

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

It turned out I did not follow the instructions properly and I have now got WDS working. It was due to me not changing the firewall zone to "lan" when connecting to the station. I did also try relayd but found slightly better performance with WDS.

Many thanks.

1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.