Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Here is my output just tested them commands after doing an opkg remove

root@home:~# opkg remove kmod-mwifiex-sdio
Removing package kmod-mwifiex-sdio from root...
root@home:~# opkg install kmod-mwifiex-sdio
Installing kmod-mwifiex-sdio (4.14.105+4.19.23-1-4) to root...
Downloading https://dc502wrt.org/snapshots/r9614/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/kmod-mwifiex-sdio_4.14.105%2b4.19.23-1-4_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Configuring kmod-mwifiex-sdio.

Didn't get any error it might be because i installed the mwifiex-pcie-firmware and kmod-mwifiex-pcie packages. Not sure, how i have changed the settings for my ItsWorking SSID back to its proper place which is on the radio0/1 as i noticed radio 2 is for radar detection.

Also forgot to mention it does scan radios (working) unlike when it was label as generic it didn't work when i press scan now it does.

What i have also noticed is 5Ghz on the Marvell 88W8964 802.11nac Wireless goes to channel 140 even with VHT160 set but the Marvell 88W8887 802.11bgnac Wireless goes to channel 161 but on can hit VHT80 so really not sure about this. However it could be that the 3rd driver was needed to get things working correctly not sure. But will be testing soon once i have sorted my SQM for my cruddy ADSL2 line (Bufferbloat is killing me right now), Might need some help with VLAN's as i have 4 and unsure how they should be set up and if my setup is correct after VLAN2.

1 Like

I set it on the highest channel and i still experience these wifi signal drop... not a whole not.. maybe once a day.. but the router would essentially stop broadcasing wifi... all devices would drop connectivity... any way to fix this?

OK, got your latest build on my spare WRT1200AC v2.. Seems to be working just as a router. Only strangeness is I'm getting a security error cause Luci is not working with https. Quick look seems maybe there is a problem there.

Now to figure out how to put a VPN on it. Suspect that will take time!!!

This is not a known issue. Please test stock firmware from Linksys and see if you experience the same issue on the same channel.

I've just upgraded to r9614 and while I can connect to router using either WinSCP or Putty, when I try using LUCI I get the following error 'ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE'. This is only happening using Chrome browser, Edge and Internet Explorer are O.K. Tried using Chrome on 3 differents computers with the same results. Disabling TLS 1.3 in Chrome as suggested somewhere on the web had no effect. Does anyone experience the same behaviour ?

I've tried Chrome from 2 different machines without issue. Since you can connect with 2 other browsers (Edge/IE okay) this indicates an issue with Chrome on your end. However, I'm confused that 3 machines running Chrome have that same issue.

Run Wireshark and capture the session using Chrome, and look to see where it is breaking. You can also run Wireshark using IE or Edge to compare.

I have the same problem as you

I am running chrome and do not have this error, i get the standard HTTPS not vaild message (that site is dangerous) however installing the cert as in instructions solves this for me.

If you use Bitdefender antivirus, or maybe any other antivirus disables the function encrypted web scanning, this can be one of the problems ...

1 Like

Thanks @oli

I completely forgot about that... There have been others in the past that could not connect and it was because of AntiVirus.

I had this problem with the Bitdefender antivirus, but in the meantime they have solved this problem on browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome, the problem still persists on Microsoft Edge with Bitdefender antivirus.
Maybe @blamaz uses another antivirus....

Has anyone here using WRT1900AC(v1/v2/S)/1200AC tried 88W8864 7.3.0.21 firmware?
https://github.com/mrvltest/mwlwifi-8864-swba/blob/master/bin/firmware/88W8864.bin
@anomeome @hnyman

I have...it doesn't work that well. If you only apply this, the logs will be spammed with "Start BA" messages every single second until the router becomes a slow, unusable and unconnectable mess. Eventually, the driver will crash. Furthermore, the 2.4G or 5G LEDs will be solid white and unblinking.

Adding this slightly modified patch from this official commit sourced from marvell-wireless solves the BA spam with using this firmware binary (with current master in Kaloz's repo):

Subject: [PATCH] Experiment with "Software BA Streams". (Even I 
don't know what that really entails).

---
 Makefile       |  2 +-
 hif/pcie/dev.h |  4 ++++
 hif/pcie/tx.c  | 12 ++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index 038dcdc..498a4a2 100644
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@ mwlwifi-objs			+= hif/pcie/tx_ndp.o
 mwlwifi-objs			+= hif/pcie/rx_ndp.o

ccflags-y += -I$(src)
-ccflags-y += -O2 -funroll-loops -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__
+ccflags-y += -O2 -funroll-loops -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__ -DSWBA_SUPPORT

all:
 	$(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD)
diff --git a/hif/pcie/dev.h b/hif/pcie/dev.h
index d3507bb..e8914d9 100644
--- a/hif/pcie/dev.h
+++ b/hif/pcie/dev.h
@@ -31,7 +31,11 @@

#define PCIE_MIN_BYTES_HEADROOM   64
 #define PCIE_NUM_OF_DESC_DATA     SYSADPT_TOTAL_TX_QUEUES
+#ifdef SWBA_SUPPORT
+#define PCIE_AMPDU_QUEUES         63
+#else
 #define PCIE_AMPDU_QUEUES         4
+#endif
 #define PCIE_MAX_NUM_TX_DESC      256
 #define PCIE_TX_QUEUE_LIMIT       (3 * PCIE_MAX_NUM_TX_DESC)
 #define PCIE_TX_WAKE_Q_THRESHOLD  (2 * PCIE_MAX_NUM_TX_DESC)
diff --git a/hif/pcie/tx.c b/hif/pcie/tx.c
index 3456396..5b3afdf 100644
--- a/hif/pcie/tx.c
+++ b/hif/pcie/tx.c
@@ -887,9 +887,14 @@ void pcie_tx_xmit(struct ieee80211_hw *hw,
 					return;
 				}

+#ifdef SWBA_SUPPORT
+				txpriority =
+					(SYSADPT_TX_WMM_QUEUES + stream->idx);
+#else
 				txpriority =
 					(SYSADPT_TX_WMM_QUEUES + stream->idx) %
 					TOTAL_HW_QUEUES;
+#endif
 			} else if (stream->state == AMPDU_STREAM_NEW) {
 				/* We get here if the driver sends us packets
 				 * after we've initiated a stream, but before
@@ -918,12 +923,19 @@ void pcie_tx_xmit(struct ieee80211_hw *hw,
 				return;
 			}
 		} else {
+#ifdef SWBA_SUPPORT
+			if (utils_tid_to_ac(tid) !=
+			    IEEE80211_AC_VO) {
+#endif
 			if (mwl_fwcmd_ampdu_allowed(sta, tid)) {
 				stream = mwl_fwcmd_add_stream(hw, sta, tid);

if (stream)
 					start_ba_session = true;
 			}
+#ifdef SWBA_SUPPORT
+			}
+#endif
 		}

spin_unlock_bh(&priv->stream_lock);

(I've removed some white space from the -DSWBA_SUPPORT and modified mwl_tx_tid_queue_mapping to utils_tid_to_ac fix compiling with current master from kaloz's repo.

But it introduces another problem, where 2.4G clients that try and start BA streams end up crashing the driver and OpenWrt. 5G remains totally fine. The WiFi LEDs however, remain solid and unblinking. I don't really have the time to truly debug this to a deeper level. I believe the latest firmware that the 88W8864 chipset can use stably within the realm of Linksys WRT routers is 7.2.9.27, from my light to moderate testing. According to Yuhhaurlin (David Lin), it only really updates the regulatory domain. It can be sourced from BrainSlayer's ftp server, here, and it is the binary blob that DD-WRT uses.

1 Like

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm using a self signed certificate that is included in the settings kept between each sysupgrade whitout any problem until now. I reflash r9614 (sysupgrade) whitout ''keep settings'' option and everything worked beside the usual HTTPS not vaild warning, something goes wrong if I keep my certificates. I've generated new ones and I still get the same SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE even on a clean os and chrome installation on a virtual machine. For now I'm back to previous davidc release.
Any other suggestions
Have a nice day

Where are theses instructions that I can check if I made a mistake somewhere.
Thank

SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE is going to be mainly either

Time & Date Issue
HTTPS scanner issue with Antivirus software

So first sync your computers time and date with NTP which is the first step. If that doesn't work then we look at anti-virus if it uses HTTPS scanning which being 2019 most will your best bet is to place the IP of the router into the exception list.

Time sync is OK with NTP server
Using Windows Defender tried with service disable, same error
SSL error only using Chrome, IE and Edge OK tested on 3 PC
Tried deleting browsing history, disabling hardware acceleration, enabling TLS 1.3 downgrade hardening in Chrome - no success

Still investigating

2 Likes

Hey Guys -

I have a Linksys 1900ACS running a David502 Lede SNAPSHOT r9028-75fdf3ba01 / Kernel 4.14.91 and have a quick question. A few months ago, I purchased 2 Amazon Cloud Cams. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get them to connect although they connected fine to routers with stock firmware. More info from a post about same issue here.

In the post, the issue is attributed to the WiFi drivers more than likely being the culprit. (Disabling WMM didn't help me, either). I see that the latest David502 build (r9614) includes WiFi driver 10.3.8.0-20181210.

Before going to the trouble of updating, I just wanted to see if anyone knew what the potential issue may be, if the newest version of drivers may resolve the issue, or if the issue in question may ever get resolved.

Any suggestions or additional info appreciated - Thanks!

Hi,

I just installed the dnscrypt-proxy V2 script and it install no problem. I do get the message below, is there a problem? thanks!

After this script runs please configure DHCP to have your clients go to the router for DNS.
This could be a false positive depending on your configuration. Script is expecting a 6 in the following example line in the dhcp config - dhcp.lan.dhcp_option='6,192.168.1.1'

1 Like

Hey davidc502... I came from the stock firmware and i have no issues for wireless dropping... i have tried on the older version of your build and it was rock solid.. but somehow the new LEDE with the new UI is giving problems...