Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

If you need an alternative, I am currently using an alias in my own "static" domain, that points to a dynamic domain name at duckdns.

1 Like

@davidc502 new pulls for material and rosy theme.

The last rosy pull resolved the menu bug on low resolution display. Tested myself.

1 Like

Yeah, since the domain is free (dynamic-dns.net), hackers and spammers have probably worn it out to the point where it was blacklisted.

I have worked with blacklists, and it can take weeks to get a domain or IP off of it. It will be interesting to see how fast changeip can do it.

Here is a work around until the company changeip.com can fix their stuff. The server certificate does not match IP or linode, so you will need to manually accept the certificate.
https://45.79.194.151/
https://li1293-151.members.linode.com/

2 Likes

Was just going to say what happened there.

No-IP is what i use haven't had issues with it its does do free hosts names you just need to renew the domain name every 30 days.

Using your latest build thus far and its running nicely.

1 Like

I invite anyone who wants to throw out some domain name ideas.

dc502.net
1 Like

Do you want to use it for this project only or for all you activities?

If first, my version is dwrt.org

2 Likes

Just for this project.

I didn't think along those lines, but yes dwrt.org is a good one. Would that cause confusion with dd-wrt?

Maybe davidwrt .com, .net, .org, etc?

• Wouldn't get confused with dd-wrt
  • Most people refer to your builds off hand as David OpenWRT builds, I don't know if I have personally seen dc502 or dwrt thrown around before.

Let me also add that personally, whatever you decide to go with, is inexpensive and available for you - I think any of us (at least me) will be happy with! So whatever you ultimately decide is best for you, I'm fairly sure your community will back whatever you go with here.

1 Like

Dear Dave,
Thanks for the great builds - long time since I gave you a shout out. I speak for many if not all when I say - I wish to extend to you my most sincere gratitude for your time, efforts, and patience in making us all feel like a community,
As far as the new name goes ; I am with boktai1000 and I second the ( E ) motion - Smokey Robinson reference for

davidwrt dot whatever pleases you

Peace and God Bless Always,

directnupe

dwrt would most certainly be confused with dd-wrt, especially word of mouth. dc502 would keep the reference to your username and it's specific enough to avoid any confusion. Side note, I found two typos on the homepage (with out / without and harware / hardware).

If anyone wants to start a gofundme page for a permanent domain/hosting costs, I'll put down $20. Anyone else with me?

Thanks for reading -- The 2 typo's are fixed.

Appreciate the thought but not necessary.. Domains are cheap these days.

Regarding anyone with WiFi issues I have done some research and discovered the following:

• The last releases by @davidc502 use the 10/12/18 release (kmod-mwlwifi).
  • The last official lede/openwrt release was on 31/1/19 (18.06.2) and uses the 14/11/18 version.
  • The r9133 snapshot has the same kernel version (4.14.95) as the above release, which should mean the mwlwifi driver from the official release is compatible with the snapshot.
  • However, I am not sure when the wifi issues started as if it was after the 14/11/18 release then we would need an earlier version.
  • I could not find any snapshots with the same kernel version as 18.06.1 (4.14.63), which is what @eduperez drivers are for. Except the updated version he created for @WildByDesign, which should also be compatible with the r9133 snapshot.
  • If @eduperez is right and there are more recent stable versions of the mwlwifi drivers then the closest snapshot to the last release by @eduperez is r8466, which has 14/11/18 (same as 18.06.2) drivers.
  • The snapshot prior to this one (30/10/18) has 29/10/18 drivers, which may be better if the 14/11/18 ones are not.

So after all that I see two options:

1. Use the r9133 snapshot with the drivers in the official release from 18.06.2.
  2. If the wifi is still an issue then use @eduperez ec0adbf driver with r9133.

Hopefully this makes sense and is a bit helpful :slight_smile:

Just a clarification about the mwlwifi drivers:

• Development of these drivers is being done at https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi; all versions of the drivers are available there.

• I just build packages with those drivers, so people with a stable OpenWrt install can update their drivers.

• I normally follow the upstream repo, and build new packages (for the current version of OpenWrt) when I see something interesting there. But I also accept requests for specific commits and versions of OpenWrt.

1 Like

Indeed and I guess the downside of using snapshot builds is that the kernel version is constantly changing. My knowledge of OpenWRT and Linux is limited so I am not comfortable building the packages myself, so I appreciate what you do @eduperez and @davidc502.

Also: I found you can download the drivers as a package (ipk) from https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/ if you delve into /18.06.2/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/base/ and /18.06.2/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/. Though these are not as updated as yours.

Hi David !

Thanks for all your work with OpenWRT. I have seen too late for your DNS issue and I updated my router.

Now I cannot update the package. I have modified the opkg.conf and replace the domain by the ip address but it doesn't work... The issue seems to be with the certificate...

If you have a solution :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot !

@Rnm just edit the /etc/hosts file and add the following line:

45.79.194.151 davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

1 Like

Nice thanks

I haven't think about host file... I'm dumb some times :confused:

I don't have the certificate set up yet, but this domain has dns resolution. https://dc502wrt.org

Right now I can't extend the new domain to my certificate because the davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net does not resolve... hummmmm wonder why... lol

Anyhow, I should have the certificate issue resolved when changeip fixes the domain.

4 Likes