Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Aaah thank you, this seems a good plan as I was not aware of the other post. Is it a case of removing the firmware then installing the older version? Or better to use the --force downgrade option through SSH I have read about?

I've had major issues with 2.4GHz and 5GHz in recent months and had no idea when this was introduced or how. It had been driving me crazy. But thanks to your comment and following the comments on Github as well, this commit version has fixed my issues entirely. Thank you so much!

@eduperez Would you be willing and able to recompile this for the latest kernel in the 18.x series?

@WildByDesign That particular commit is a bit outdated, and newer commits (including the version compiled into 18.06.2) are supposed to be "better"... But I am willing to provide any particular build that can be helpful. Just give me a few hours and I will make it.

I think it'd be better and more useful to yunhaurlin (David Lin) and ingamedeo by instead of building from commit ec0adbf, you create a different branch where you git revert e5e0700 (commit 2f160bb for those who have mirrored kaloz's repo). I am still in the process of testing it, but I do believe it has stopped the errors in the logs with this format:

phyX: cmd 0x####=ABCXYZ timed out

Here is the relevant code that takes the value from MAX_WAIT_FW_COMPLETE_ITERATIONS and is related to the error above, leading to ingamedeo's hypothesis:

I've already built it myself, but I've done way too many changes to my build system that will make it incompatible to the average 18.06.2 user (GCC 7.4.0, Kernel 4.14.101, Binutils 2.32, musl 1.1.21, Graphite/Neon optimizations to name a few).

hi how can i set vlan priority 4 on port 4?

Remember WRT3200ACM / WRT32X / WRT32XB series have 2x 88W8964 and a third radio using 88W8887 in receive only mode for DFS. https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/blob/master/README.md

Packages with commit ec0adbf for 18.06.2 available at: ec0adbf.

Thank you for this @eduperez, do you know if it would work with @davidc502 latest snapshot/build, which runs Kernel 4.14.98? I tried your previous build last night, which was for 4.14.63 so it didn't like that.

I doubt it... packages for kernel modules must be built for the exact same kernel and be configured with the exact same parameters, any change in the config made by @davidc502 will make my packages incompatible with his builds.

Ah, I understand, thank you for letting me know though. I will hope @davidc502 is aware of this and can perhaps use a different mwlwifi driver/version for the next build. No complaint at your snapshots though @davidc502 just those developing the wifi drivers it seems.

Anyone else having an issue getting to the davidc502 website.. Appears dns isn't resolving the domain for some reason.

No problem here, though perhaps I am the only one...:thinking:

Working fine from my browser, but OS has obviously cached it. nslookup returns NXDOMAIN :frowning:

Definitely b0rked

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/ is not resolving for me.

@eduperez Thank you, I appreciate that.

@davidc502 NXDOMAIN here as well.

@davidc502
works fine for me...

Server:		127.0.0.1
Address:	127.0.0.1#53

Name:      davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net
Address 1: 45.79.194.151
1 Like

Yup, back again now:

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Address: 45.79.194.151

Think the DNS is down again...

1 Like

I opened a support case and this is the answer --

"This is a known issue as the domain dynamic-dns.net is being suspended by the domain registrant.We have submitted the suspension removal request,kindly hold on for for further updates."

So, I'm on hold until the problem is resolved. The server is up and can be accessed via IP address.

1 Like

Ah, similar thing happened to me years ago with the .ath.cx TLD. It was widely used by spammers and was blacklisted for SMTP by most MXs but eventually it just got totally deregistered :frowning:

If you use that domain for email I'd change any accounts that use it quickly, particularly logins for websites!

1 Like