Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

"Should" be no issues. I mean he might be right, but that doesn't really sound like a concrete answer or that anyone has tried a proof-of-concept to see if it is indeed vulnerable or not.

I don't mean this in any way as a criticism of yuhhaurlin, but it's pretty obvious that English is not his first language, so I don't think you should read to much into the subtleties of his use of "should" as opposed to "will" in that context.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for keeping me grounded. Hopefully I didn't come off as too harsh / rude because after re-reading what I wrote it kind of seemed that way. I just don't want to blow over a potential security issue without knowing to the best of my ability that it has been taken care of so tried to put in my due diligence to understand what's going on.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with ringing the bell to make everyone aware. Cyber security is a very important facet in almost everyone's lives these days, so awareness is everything.

1 Like

Just wanted to say a thank you to @davidc502 for his build and the wider OpenWrt project. What prompted this? I'm currently saturating my 200mb/s cable broadband (actually peaking at around 210mb/s) with five big bittorrent downloads and watching a 4k Netflix stream at the same time. The WRT32X isn't breaking a sweat and SQM is doing a fantastic job of stopping the buffer bloat and keeping the video flowing perfectly.

Seriously impressive :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Appreciate the thanks, but really all the thanks goes to the developers who do the work to keep the OpenWrt project going.

Around 3 years ago I flashed Openwrt on the 1900ac V1, and started learning about the project. Eventually, compiled OpenWrt firmware because I wanted to add certain packages trunk didn't provide by default as well as the satisfaction of just doing it myself. I mentioned to a few people, after my first build, that I had flashed the firmware, and there was interest from other people they wanted to try it. Initially, I just put the images on my ISP's provided website, and people started giving mostly positive reviews, and encouraged me to expand a bit. So, I stood up a very basic web server and started uploading builds about once every 2 weeks to continue sharing. Over the past 3 years I've had multiple offers of money including donations, but have turned all of it down as I'm not doing this for money. Unfortunately, I don't get to spend a lot of time on this project, but it is enough to help keep certain skills from going too dull, and I get to continue to learn as time goes by which is a win win for the I.T. work I do.

3 Likes

@WiteWulf
Can you please share your SQM config?

1 Like

No problems here setting different MAC address. What are you trying to set it to?

New builds have been uploaded to the server and are ready for download.
There have been no changes in the wifi driver since the last build.
There are a couple of kernel "bumps".

Kernel version = 4.14.98
WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-20181210
Build = r9287

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

2 Likes

I have 3 different SSIDs on my 2.4 radio.
When i set one mac the specific network works, but the others get unaccessible prompting "wrong password", although clearly the password is unchanged.
The exact same behavior with the 5ghz also.

David,
Thanks for the new build. I'm going to show how lazy I am and request that it'd be nice if your dnscrypt-proxy2.sh scipt installed the binary that has been through compression with upx rather than the uncompressed version. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your work.

2 Likes

What MAC specifically are you using?
My theory being that you are setting the “group address” bit without realising.

Make sure that the second digit i.e. the second “1” in the following:
11:22:33:44:55:66
Is an even number e.g. 0,2,4,6,8,A,C or E

@davidc502 installed the last release. The menù list won't open on rosy.
The material theme i've installed from repository it's now with fixed style, don't know if they did fix it long time ago.

1 Like

Looks like rogue AP attack prevention for me. Did you try to remove saved network then connect again for this SSIDs?

https://wiki.wireshark.org/SnapLen

For example i tried setting one to dc:0d:ac:fc:ac:71 and the other to dc:0d:ac:fc:ac:32

Thanks a lot. That was useful.
PS: the solution wasn't working. Still WMM only solution.

I did some experimenting on a WRT1900AC V1 since the LAN Marvell Switch Marvell 88E6172 is very similar to the WRT3200ACM LAN Switch Marvell 88E6352 (same port numbers etc.)

I am focusing on the LAN LEDs as I seem to be able to set the other LEDs via LUCI LED Configuration page.

I tried your recommendation to add a switch command in the network config file (/etc/config/network) but I tried a lot of combinations and no effect at all. I added the following in the config file:

config switch_port                                                 
        option device 'switch0'
        option port '3'                                            
        option led '0'

According to the switch setup Port 3 is LAN 1 on the router but I tried Port 1 to Port 6, restarted the network on each change and no effect at all on the LAN LED.

I then tried another logic and left it on Port 3 and changed "option led" from 0 to 10 and restarted the network on each change. Still no effect at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else i should try to control the LAN LEDs on a WRT3200ACM or WRT1900AC V1?

Nothing special, just cake/layer_cake for the queueing discipline, ethernet with 18 byte overhead for the link layer adaptation (recommended setting for a cable modem) and manually tweaked upload and download (11430/207000) after a few passes through http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest to get the best settings. Oh, and make sure QoS service is disabled; no point running SQM QoS and QoS at the same time.

This was the best run I had with these settings last summer, pretty good for a service that's sold as 200 down / 12 up:

2 Likes

I just found this link but i am not sure if there is any useful information regarding LEDs. I'm still missing the possibility to turn off all LEDs on my WRT1900ACSv2 in openwrt as well :frowning:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT1900AC#LEDs_and_GPIO_pins

//Edit:
Maybe also https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LED_Scripts#Linksys_WRT1900AC
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1066496&sid=a9943c0dfcf882ca51c95d529a02e84d

i've succeeded to turn off WAN led with "gpio disable 6" Smile but not the WLAN leds... i've tried also examples from the link supplied in LED scripts of DD-WRT it didnt work unfortunately...