Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

That's not true. All of my clients are fine on 160MHz, and none of them are 160MHz clients.

Thank you for info, but i share my experience. With my settings, it's acting like this - 80-capable Atheros (Killer) and Quallcom can't connect the network. 160-capable Intel and Atheros can. I'll investigate deeper about the reason.

@davidc502 what's the recomended way to get lede on both partitions for a WRT1900ACS Router? Been maintaining stock partition for ages but I think would benefit more from having LEDE on both partitions which should offer the same level of brick protection would it not?

Latest build running well on my WRT32X, thanks. Running a fairly typical setup both wifi radios, using all wired ports, routing, firewall, fastpath set in firewall, USB 3.0 storage to my 2TB external drive, etc. Performance does seem a little lower than stock in wifi oh well.

Curious how development is for mvebu lately, the OpenWrt changelog has daily updates for tons of other hardware moving to 4.19, lots of other changes etc. But nothing lately for mvebu, seems unfortunately stagnant right now.

From the LEDE gui flash .img, and it will automatically overwrite the partition with the Stock image.

Take a backup of your current lede configurations first before you flash.

Yeah, I don't think there have been many changes in the past 30 days.

I have 2 WRT3200ACMs and 1 WRT1900AC (old house with thick stone walls) and I am curious why the channels selected in the WRT's WIRELESS settings for 5GHz do not match the chart for the 5GHz Band.

I have set the WRT3200s at channel 36 - 80 MHz and channel 104 80 MHz but on an Android tablet with the the App WIFIman they show-up as the center channel as in the chart channels 42 & 106 respectively.

The WRT1900 is the same at channel 149 40 MHz with the App reporting correctly at channel 151.

The actual channels in the chart for either 80 MHz or 40 MHz are not actually selectable in the WRT's GUI for the WIRELESS setup, i.e. not listed.

I have the main WRT3200 setup with David502's latest build and the other WRTs are in Bridge mode with Linksys stock firmware. (dumb APs)

I do not think anything is wrong but cannot figure out why this is as it is.

EDIT: Just noticed that the APP WIFIman does report the correct channel selected but the graphs indicate the center channels. Still a little strange fro me.

Any easy explanation?

5GHz%20Wifi%20Channel%20Chart

They are just different naming conventions. Some are naming the channel based on the centre, some are naming based on the start.

I don’t know if there is a proper “standard” either way.

This section of code converts any entered channel to the centre channel for that bandwidth, because that is what hostapd expects.
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=package/kernel/mac80211/files/lib/netifd/wireless/mac80211.sh;hb=HEAD#l177

Thanks.

That explains it a bit.

It is just confusing to me that I can't select the center channel in the GUI but need to select the lower channel to get channel 42 center channel, for example (select 36 @ 80 MHz = channel 42 center channel).

It is what it is, I suppose. Thanks.

New builds have just been uploaded to the server. No changes in wifi driver or wifi firmware since the last build.

Kernel version = 4.14.95
WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-20181210
Build = r9133

LuCi fix for when a user clicks "Update Lists". LuCi now updates lists instead of displaying an error. A big thank you for the developer who fixed this issue because it did linger for quite some time.

no SQM Cake on 2019-01-25 release for WRT3200? only Fq_codel is available, tested it and not working at all, broken sqm

I'm considering getting a WRT32X to run in plain WAP mode with a Guest SSID on a separate VLAN. Is there a way to get a stripped down build or not worth it, just turn off all services that I'm not going to use?

How's the WiFi performance and stability, are you guys happy with it?

One more question please: is there a way to turn the front lights off or dim them, night mode? I see there's a blue button on the back, not sure if it can be mapped to something like this.

What is the name of the package exactly? I searched for SQM and all packages compiled.

Also, if you need a package that isn't found in the repository, you can always grab the package you want off of the daily builds repository. However, do it quickly before there is a kernel bump.

Yes, you can download from the OpenWrt daily snapshots or stable builds as they are bare bones.

Most people are happy with Wifi performance, but wifi performance is going to vary from environment to environment so keep that in mind.

There is a menu in LuCi for LED configurations, but there isn't a dim mode.

sorry david, i reinstalled the latest firmware from your site and its missing cake in sqm, only Fq-Codel is there and it doesn't work.

Thanks! Any way to map what looks like the WPS button on the back to be an LED on/off toggle?

There are some pretty savvy people around the forum that could probably pull it off, and perhaps you are one of those people, but straight up, I don't see a standard option to do it. WPS doesn't even work with OpenWrt, out of the box, because you have to uninstall wpad-mini and install wpad and hostapd-utils.

The question is how bad you want it and how much research and work you are willing to put in to find out. If you love playing around with stuff like this then you might have fun trying. If not, there's always the non technical answer - tape :slight_smile:

Thanks @davidc502. Might be doable, it seems:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/hardware/hardware.button
And I'm glad WPS doesn't work, at least I don't have to worry about disabling it first.

I figured I'd ask here first as I don't even have the unit yet. Trying to decide between the WRT32X and TP-Link C2600 or some other Atheros.

Hi,

It looks that problem is related with the new package:
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r9133/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/base/tc_4.20.0-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk

Output:

root@linksys0:~# tc -d qdisc
Error loading shared library libelf.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/sbin/tc)
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_kind: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_begin: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getsym: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_getdata: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_version: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getshdr: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_getscn: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getehdr: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getrel: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_end: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_strptr: symbol not found
root@linksys0:~#
root@linksys0:~# find / -name libelf.so.1
/rom/usr/lib/libelf.so.1
/usr/lib/libelf.so.1
root@linksys0:~# ldd /usr/sbin/tc
	/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 (0xb6e91000)
	libmnl.so.0 => /usr/lib/libmnl.so.0 (0xb6e7d000)
Error loading shared library libelf.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/sbin/tc)
	libintl.so.8 => /usr/lib/libintl.so.8 (0xb6e64000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb6e49000)
	libc.so => /lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 (0xb6e91000)
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_kind: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_begin: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getsym: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_getdata: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_version: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getshdr: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_getscn: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getehdr: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getrel: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_end: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_strptr: symbol not found
root@linksys0:~#