Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

I'm using a WRT3200 and I can't have more than 500MBit/s and on the Linksys firmware I have 900MBit/s. Do I need a special setting to have the same speed on David's build?

Great news David..thanx for chasing this one down!

Question here.....what happens if we define the DNS in the router, and a device on the LAN has its own DNS configured?
Does the router override the client? or does the client override the router?

Actually, it isn't a case of over-riding. The client is just going to do what it is told to do. If the client has 8.8.8.8 configured for DNS, that's where it is going to go. If the client has the router IP configured, then that is what it is going to do.

*Tip for those using dnscrypt-proxy2.sh

Just save the script to the root directory or a directory of your choosing.

In LuCi go to Backup/Flash Firmware -> Configuration, and add the directory you would like to back up. Sysupgrade adheres to this setting and will back up whatever you keep in the directory, so whatever you save will be there on the next upgrade.

After the next upgrade, ssh to the directory, and run the script. This saves time in having to download and extract the script after each upgrade.

2 Likes

This is a great tip! Thanks!!

I installed MuninLite but it's nowhere to be found.

It is set to build, but must have failed during compile time. I checked the daily builds, and did not find it there either.

It appears whoever is the package maintainer doesn't realize it is failing or the package may have been abandoned.

I'm using r8391 if it matters.

Thanks. I found the package in r8373 if you want to install that build.

I will make a note to watch for this package in the next build.

MuninLite does not seem to be working in r8373 either.

So, your first post, mininlite wasn't found, so am I to understand you were able to find it in r8373, but is not working?

Is there anything in the logs or anything else you can share?

I installed it in both r8373 and r8391, but I can't seem to find it. How does one run it after it is installed? I may be doing something wrong.

I'm afraid I know nothing about the package. I see a description of "Munin node implemented in shell", but that means nothing to me.

root@lede:~# opkg list |grep muninlite
muninlite - 1.0.4-9 - Munin node implemented in shell

My recommendation would be to ask the question about muninlite on the Installing and using Lead forum. Chances are someone there can explain what the package is, and how it works.

I never used muninlite. I do use regular Munin for some years and looking at muninlite's description, it only implements a "munin node". If the architecture and nomenclature are the same as with regular Munin, this means you will need a "munin master" software installed, in order to receive the data collected by the "nodes" and plot the graphs (see: http://guide.munin-monitoring.org/en/latest/architecture/index.html). You will also need to configure your munin node (muninlite) to send the data to your Munin master instance (this can be a local or remote instance).
Also I believe muninlite will replicate the functionality already provided by the collectd/stats stack already installed. Personally I would just install collectd plugins for the extra services you want to monitor.
Muninlite also looks abandoned since it does not receive any commits since January 2011.

1 Like

Hi. I have a wrt1900acs v2 and i was on dd wrt getting horrible speeds. About 35-45 wireless on a 150Mbps wired network. I went back to the stock linksys firmware but believe the ddwrt is still there. I would very much like to get this firmware going instead of the ddwrt. Help?

The 1900acs v2 has 2 partitions, and they flash round robin. Flashing to Stock means ddwrt is on the other partition.

Just flash the davidc502 image (.img), and that will over write the other partition with ddwrt on it. However, stock firmware will still be on the other partition.

You can always go back to Stock or flash ddwrt again. It's up to you.

1 Like

@davidc502, I'm appreciate the job you done, but seems like you going perpendicular direction from my and some other ppl needs.
It's ok, you will never be good for all, but i think maybe it's a point for cooperation.
So, my idea is made you firmware fork, but designated as a small home NAS - no OpenVPN, Adblock, DNSCrypt (all just wast of space at flash drive for me), but tuned Samba, DLNA, Transmission, Bonjure, etc.
So, what do you think about it?

I'm also interested about other guys opinion - do you need firmware more close to simple home NAS?

This is a router and not a NAS. For me OpenVPN, Adblock and DNScrypt are much more useful and something a router needs to do. For a NAS buy a NAS. just my 2 cents.

David. Your work is perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Just disable, from startup, the options you don't need or uninstall them. That's what I do and I'm fine with it. You cannot please everyone and I think davidc502 is making a good job the way it goes. Also just my 2 cents.

3 Likes