Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

No issue with ipv6. Be sure to configure for ipv6 though which is easy to do.

Hi David, thanks for super quick reply. Where can I get the previous one, it doesn't seem to be archive on your site...and like a twit I didnt back up the config....

cool - what do I have to do to configure for IPV6 though?

Just use the advanced boot in LuCi Gui and choose the previous build.

In the dnscrypt.toml file find the line that turns on ipv6 and set it from no to yes.

thanks as always David

@davidc502, i bring a bad news for us.
libssh have critical security issue - https://www.libssh.org/security/advisories/CVE-2018-10933.txt?fbclid=IwAR0VHV4fN7-mJJ0oxjW8u5i9-ahnjR3vfbBD6crwz-GOERcI4nAzUO_91mY
Please, update it (and dependent) to 0.7.6 (now i see 0.7.5 in repo).

1 Like

I had my 5Ghz stuttering too on wrt 1900ac v2 , not sure what's wrong, last evening my iphone can't even connect to the 5Ghz network, till a reboot of the router

Thanks. Please please make sure the devs know about this so trunk can be updated asap.

I read github and openssh are unaffected so is the concern here dropbear?

Already confirmed as a non-issue for OpenWRT (from an actual SSH vulnerability point of view). Neither dropbear or openssh make use of libssh: Is OpenWrt affected by CVE-2018-10933?

2 Likes

Thank you for researching

Btw.. I'm not seeing minidlna in the daily snapshots.

Woo, hoo!! :slight_smile: about ssh

1 Like

Interesting... Yet the luci app and translations are there. Wonder what the upstream issue is?

David,
We lost the statistics graphs in the r8289 build (at least on the WRT1900ACS v2) and had a little bit of a discussion about that on this thread. Did we come up with a solution to getting the statistics graphs back, or are we just waiting for the next build in hopes they will return?
Thanks

What did you install and how? I am still learning all this, thanks

Hi, I did it the David way, described on his website here ->

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/dnscrypt/

Then, I went to GitHub ->

and dled the prebuild binaries for my LinksysWRT 32X -> Linux/arm (may differ, if you have another router, so be sure to check your platform!) version of DNSCrypt 2.017 and replaced Davids version/binary with the binary from the prebuild version form GitHub in the directory /usr/sbin/dnscrypt-proxy binary to the one from GitHUB I dled, simply by replacing Davids version to v 2.0.17, works perfect, but, depending on your Router Modell, you must check first which platfrom is your Router, mine is Linux/ARM ...

The prebuild binaries are avaible for these platforms:

Android/arm
Android/arm64
Android/x86
Android/x86_64
Dragonfly BSD
FreeBSD/arm
FreeBSD/x86
FreeBSD/x86_64
Linux/arm
Linux/arm64
Linux/mips
Linux/mipsle
Linux/mips64
Linux/mips64le
Linux/x86
Linux/x86_64
MacOS X
NetBSD/x86
NetBSD/x86_64
OpenBSD/x86
OpenBSD/x86_64
Windows
Windows 64 bit

The prebuild binarys you can find here:

Most important is, that you choose the right Platform, so be sure, to dl the one, for the Router CPU you have...in my case, as I said, Linux/ARM ...but if you have another router...could be other platform CPU

Just follow the instructions by Davids Website, and then dl from GitHub the binary for your platfrom, and only replace The binary file, that is in the directory of OpenWRT directory /usr/sbin/dnscrypt-proxy with the Binary you dled from GitHub

You can find out, your platform this way, beeing logged in your router with the command cat /proc/cpuinfo look my example:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 1866.00
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x4
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 1

processor : 1
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 1866.00
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x4
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 1

Hardware : Marvell Armada 380/385 (Device Tree)
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

Good Luck!

This appears to be an issue specific to the build. I need to set aside some time to solve.

@davidc502,

does your build support the Xbox version of the WRT series, the WRT32XB? I'm seeing some pretty cheap prices for them online. According to Linksys they are based on the same hardware, just not sure about partition layout, etc. https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article/?articleNum=270536

Thanks!