Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Hi @davidc502. I had an old build with yate (telephony) installed and working perfectly. I don't see it now after I've upgraded to your latest build. My WRT3200ACM is not able to use radio0 and radio2, but this didn't change at all from a previous build to your latest build. Only radio1 (2.4Ghz) is working. My questions are:

1. is it safe to try the stable OpenWrt build 18.06.1 instead of your build? I mean: radio1 (2.4Mhz) is expected to work? What about 5Ghz?

2. do you know by any chance if yate is available in the stable OpenWrt build 18.06.1 ?

Thanks a lot for the great work you are doing supporting these devices.
Kind regards,

-- Richard Gomes

Yes, it's absolutely good to use the LEDE stable build, so give it a try. Looking at the daily snaptshots, yate packages are there, so I think you are good to go.

Do you have a stable build of your Firmware as well perhaps? I would guess Transmission should be available for stable?

Yes, Transmission is available in In both Stable and daily snapshots..

https://openwrt.org/downloads

Best Regards,

David

Yeah, that I know, but do you offer stable versions of your build?

Yes, it's the build that's available on the website now.

EDIT

I usually upload a new version about every 2 weeks. However, even if I did have 1 build that was available for say 6 months and called it stable, I wouldn't have Transmission be a part of that build.

Something to add... Since Transmission broke which has probably been over a year ago, I never gave it any effort to find out why it was failing. After all, I shudder at the prospect of using a router for P2P (Has to be in my top 5 stupid things to do with a router :wink: ). The security implications alone should be enough to thwart anyone remotely thinking about it, but I digress.

So, after some pondering, I decided to take a few minutes to find the reason why it's failing, and I now know why. The reason is the compiler, and I use MUSL. In LEDE/OpenWrt Build configuration, MUSL doesn't have the option to compile "libssp", and that library is a dependency for the Transmission client, and without it will fail (Doesn't hurt my feelings).

So, now we know the rest of the story.......

I just uploaded r8018.

Kernel bump to 4.14.68
Updated Wifi Driver and Firmware 10.3.8.0-20180906
Update to Samba4 from Samba36

However, dnscrypt-proxy Version 2 script is broke due to adding Samba4 which causes a conflict. I'm going to start working on fixing the script. Be aware that if you install manually, and use port 5353 it will not work. So, choose another port OR completely uninstall Samba4.

1 Like

Ty david, i'm gonne test this build later on... What would be a good port for dnscrypt-proxy?

I just set it to 5300 because it isn't in use on this router.

David, I notice the sha256 sum for dnscrypt-proxy2.zip doesn't match what is on the website. I gather that is because you haven't updated the website sha256sum?

The dnscrypt-proxy2.sh script has been fixed. It is now set to forward dns requests to 127.0.0.1:5300.
The dnscrypt-proxy.toml configuration file has been updated so that dnscrypt-proxy will listen on port 5300 when it starts up.

Also, dnscrypt-proxy2 binary has been updated to 2.0.16. If you let the script do the configuring it will automatically download the updated binary.

WARNING The script has been designed to NOT update any existing dnscrypt-proxy.toml file, on your router, because we do not want to over-write any configuration changes YOU have made, which is a good thing. Keep in mind, if the configuration .toml file calls for a different port than 5300, this script will fail! Which basically means DNS will not work until the configuration file is manually updated to have dnscrypt-prox2 listen on 5300 OR you choose another port and change the forward to that port as well.

correct -- I'm getting ready to work on the website now.

EDIT sha256sum updated -- -- Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

David, unfortunately neither your dnscrypt-proxy2.sh script nor following the manual install instructions worked. The script removed v1 no problem, but as it tried to install v2, I got the following:

Change the forward back to what it is supposed to be.

Copying files and changing permissions.

cp: can't stat '/tmp/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-proxy': No such file or directory

chmod: /usr/sbin/dnscrypt-proxy: No such file or directory

Checking for an existing configuration file.

There is an existing configuration file. I am leaving it alone.

Copying the init script and changing permissions.

cp: can't stat '/tmp/dnscrypt-proxy/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy': No such file or directory

chmod: /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy: No such file or directory

Gonna now check to see if it is working. If there is a problem please copy the below line.

./dnscrypt-proxy2.sh: line 233: dnscrypt-proxy: not found

Enabling and starting.

./dnscrypt-proxy2.sh: line 243: /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy: not found

./dnscrypt-proxy2.sh: line 244: /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy: not found

Gonna check to verify I can resolve google.

./dnscrypt-proxy2.sh: line 253: dnscrypt-proxy: not found

I had a similar problem when I tried to do it manually. It downloaded the dnscrypt-proxy.tar.gz file just file, but then I saw the errors above. Any ideas?

Seems the script was unable to unzip the file because it can't copy what it needs to.

Please run the following command and lets see the results.

root@lede:/etc/config# which gunzip

David,
gunzip appears to be present:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# which gunzip

/usr/bin/gunzip

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config#

I'll go through the steps again and see if I have any more luck.

Are you running the script from /tmp ?

David

Yes and I think I know what is happening. https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/releases/dnscrypt-proxy.tar.gz now only contains the script dnscrypt-proxy2.sh. In other words, the tar file used to extract to content in a directory /tmp/dnscrypt-proxy, but it does not do so any more. Since the tar file only contains a single script, it no longer functions.

Thanks slim0287 ,

Looks like operator error on my part when I re-worked the script and contents earlier.

Given the extremely useful help and guidance you've given us owners of WRTs, I'll cut you some slack. :slight_smile: Please post when you upload the fix and I'll try again.

1 Like