Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

sorry guys, but I think it's time to blow some smoke up david's ass..

his build has been great since I've been using it, I wouldn't want to use another build.

David, thanks for all your work here.

4 Likes

See the device page wiki and recovery pages.

Hi Rural,
thanks for your reply.
Yes, i saw the wiki pages and there i found confirmation about the partition switch with the Power Switch method.
I wasn't sure if also on Davidc's releases the reset button was set to that function.

Thank you for the clarifications

hi,
i know this is basic stuff but did you reboot the router?

Hello asdffdsa :slight_smile:
Yes, was the 1th thing we tried
I think authorized_key file and some more are corrupted, it's not the 1th time it happens :frowning:
This is the Lucy error:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/ccache.lua:70: error loading module 'luci.controller.fwknopd' from file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/fwknopd.lua':
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/fwknopd.lua:2: unexpected symbol near '-'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'loader'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/ccache.lua:70: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/ccache.lua:61>
	[C]: in function 'require'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:568: in function 'createindex'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:595: in function 'createtree'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:262: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:127: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:126>

I think my last chance is to reset to defaults with hardware button, then instruct my friend on how to login and setup the WAN interface with the DHCP parameters required by my ISP.
Once everything will be again up&running in a clean state, i'll tailor it remotely

The hardware reset needs to be done on a valid linksys firmware partition to work. Are you able to boot to both Linksys and OpenWrt partitions with the 3 power cycle procedure?

Regarding the “authorized_key” file corrupt error. Is that when trying to access OpenWrt via SSH?

Oooh, that's really a bad news. I don't remember if the alt partition holds a valid firmware.
Will try the power cycle procedure at first, so we'll check for the alt partition state. :cry:

Yes, the “authorized_key” file corrupt error is related to the OpenWrt access via SSH.
It no more accepts any of my keys, and only key access was allowed on sshd_config :frowning:

Not being physically there, adds lot of complications to the party...

Thanks for your suggestions guys, really appreciated.

EDIT: the router is configured with extroot. what if i simply make him unplug the extroot usb device?

See if your friend can ssh in locally using a wired connection.

I have 4 of these in the same family. 6 years and solid! David's builds are solid as a rock. I need to port his builds to some of the other routers I have.

1 Like

Sadly no.
I already tested Lucy and SSH access from a device connected to the router with a wired connection :frowning:
I think the next step will be to boot without the extroot usb disk

hello.. I was wondering if anyone would mind pointing me in the right direction with configuring an isolated guest network.

So basically I just used this guide verbatim (https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/guestwifi/guest-wlan) but I cannot get it working. Once fully configured, my 5G wireless and guest network do not have a connection and cannot associate; The guest interface has zero RX/TX.

Any idea why it might be failing, and is there another method for our devices that would work?

Thank you for your time.

Hi guys, is there some security valunerabilities to think of now that this build is not being updated as often as before? Using adblocker, openvpn, dnscrypt-proxy. Rock stable..!!

And a hint of what's to come:

nitroshift

4 Likes

Crossing fingers i have a 32x Im not letting go just yet.

Great! this is new Davidc build or OpenWRT?

Devel snapshot, my own branch. However, it won't be pushed upstream until generic 5.10 support has been mainlined in master.

nitroshift

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thank you David for these amazing builds!

I'm on the lastest release and have a very strange problem with my AirPrint-enabled Canon printer. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, because I honestly don't know where to start.

The printer is wirelessly connected and appears in the DHCP leases table: canon-printer 192.168.1.177.

The printer has a local web admin page which I use to ensure that my computers/mobile devices really can reach 192.168.1.177, everything's fine so far:

~# curl -X GET 192.168.1.177
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=Shift_JIS">
    <meta http-equiv=author content="Canon Inc.">
    <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=index.html">
  </head>
</html>

Still, the printer doesn't show up in the AirPrint listing on my devices. I have upgraded the printer's firmware and did factory reset.

I'm guessing it has something to do with it not showing up on mDNS/Avahi/Zeroconf, but as I said - no idea where to start looking. Please help me out.

All nice but are there any advantages using newer kernel? newer is not always better ^^

@nitroshift are your going to release flashable firmware files, also compatible for the 1900acx ? Let me know, I may be able to test here and there...

Unfortunately no since time is a very expensive commodity for me at the moment. Sorry for any incovenience.

nitroshift

1 Like