Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

I tried to build the config of @davidc502 using an VirtualBox Image (ref. https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/additional-software/beginners-build-guide) but, even with IGNORE_ERRORS=1 make -j1 V=sc I always get the following error:

CC  ../src/drivers/linux_ioctl.c
  CC  ../src/drivers/driver_wext.c
  CC  ../src/drivers/drivers.c
  CC  ../src/l2_packet/l2_packet_linux.c
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans10.ltrans.o: in function `handle_assoc':
<artificial>:(.text+0x557c): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_handle_event'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans10.ltrans.o: in function `handle_auth':
<artificial>:(.text+0x5978): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_handle_event'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans10.ltrans.o: in function `ieee802_11_mgmt':
<artificial>:(.text+0x8314): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_notify'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x84e8): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_notify'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans11.ltrans.o: in function `hostapd_handle_beacon_report.lto_priv.0':
<artificial>:(.text+0x2bcc): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_notify_beacon_report'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans11.ltrans.o: in function `hostapd_notif_assoc':
<artificial>:(.text+0x7a3c): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_handle_event'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans11.ltrans.o: in function `handle_probe_req':
<artificial>:(.text+0x87fc): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_handle_event'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans12.ltrans.o: in function `hostapd_wpa_auth_psk_failure_report':
<artificial>:(.text+0xc34): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_notify'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans12.ltrans.o: in function `ap_sta_set_authorized.part.0':
<artificial>:(.text+0x15c0): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_notify'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans12.ltrans.o: in function `ap_handle_timer':
<artificial>:(.text+0x6f44): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_notify'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans12.ltrans.o: in function `hostapd_free_hapd_data':
<artificial>:(.text+0x8068): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_free_bss'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: /home/osboxes/openwrt/tmp/wpa_supplicant.AXX5sn.ltrans12.ltrans.o: in function `hostapd_setup_interface_complete_sync':
<artificial>:(.text+0x878c): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_add_iface'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x8ac0): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_free_iface'
/home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_gcc-9.3.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/9.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0xa6ec): undefined reference to `hostapd_ubus_add_bss'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:1938: wpa_supplicant] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_musl_eabi/hostapd-supplicant-mesh-openssl/hostapd-2020-05-20-dd2daf08/wpa_supplicant'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:613: /home/osboxes/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_musl_eabi/hostapd-supplicant-mesh-openssl/hostapd-2020-05-20-dd2daf08/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openwrt/package/network/services/hostapd'
time: package/network/services/hostapd/supplicant-mesh-openssl/compile#35.59#5.08#39.59
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:152: package/network/services/hostapd/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:107: /home/osboxes/openwrt/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3-d16_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/osboxes/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:224: world] Error 2

Does anyone have an idea, what is going wrong here? I would appreciate any help.

Hi,

I am trying to create a firewall that prevents my Amazon Echo from connecting to the internet.

I'm using the following rule:

config rule
        option src 'lan'
        option name 'Block Devices (TCP UDP)'
        list src_ip '192.168.1.198'
        option dest 'wan'
        option target 'REJECT'
        option family 'ipv4'
        list proto 'all'
        option enabled '1'

When I first created the rule it worked fine, it blocks the Amazon Echo...the light goes red and it announces it cannot access the internet.

I can then disable the rule by setting enabled to 0 or removing enabled altogether... and the Echo can then reconnect to the internet.

However if I try to enable the rule again it will take anything upto 30-45mins to block the Echo from the internet again.

I used /etc/init.d/firewall reload but it didn't throw any errors neither did it help...it still takes ages to enable the rule and block the Echo whereas disabling the rule is immediate.

@davidc502 I am using your latest build for my 3200ACM everything updated smoothly, haven't experienced any issues.

I have seen the same error message here, using David's settings, several own settings, on a linux machine as well as VM....

it's not the transmission-web that's the problem, it's the transmission gui (windows client)
Try it please

Transmission Remote GUI

You need to change the make switch from

IGNORE_ERRORS=1 make -j1 V=sc

to

make -i -k -j1 'IGNORE_ERRORS=n m' V=sc

I feel like this is because the tables aren't flushed. Can you restart instead of reload?

Thanks Smile that worked a treat. :+1::smiley:

Wow, thanks @davidc502! Haven't been here in a long time, but finally just updated my WRT3200ACM from years-old v17 LEDE to your latest build. So far, WiFi is outstanding!

I am not using dnscrypt.

Great help!. Ran above command and:

Used went from 95 % to 46%
Buffered went from 14% to 0%
Cache went from 39% to 6%

So my understanding is no issue at all. Thanks

IĀ“m runing the build OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12833-02640f0147 / LuCI Master git-20.095.36093-af6fd6d.
Now i want to update to the last build of davidc502, only i need is the
wrt3200acm-squashfs-sysupgrade file right!!
Can i keep my settings on update

Does anyone know a guide for setting up Samba? It used to work fine until I wiped my config and started over in kernel 5.4 builds. Now I cannot access my 3TB USB 3.0 NTFS drive. It's shown as mounted and I mapped it in Network Shares to /mnt/sda1, and Win10 sees it. But when I try to access it I get a "no permission" error. I don't want any user/pws this is a home network not public.

EDIT: Thanks for finding the issue @solidus1983 ... enabling "force root" fixed it.

Yes that is all you need to upgrade OpenWRT to the new builds.

PM me you config bud. Will have a look for you.

1 Like

well if the config is light then yes.
for me it's a horror each time. i postponed upgrade for 2 years. finally did this now, because i pretested AES packages and they looked good, and had to fix stuff for several days. first i always have to struggle with basic connectivity, as there's just light dnsmasq forced. dnscrypt different, ssh server different and other stuff, risking locking you out of connectivity. i was shocked that even when downloading dnsmasq-full and some lib, 'opkg install' still insisted on connectivity for existing lib. luckily i had dropbear temporarily enabled to recover little dnsmasq so i didn't need to do the poweronoff cycle.

what improved:
AES is more optimized, giving openssl benchmarks and actual VPN connectivity a nice 20% boost
some UI elements are more functional

what's worse:
UI constantly "logging out", pages need to be refreshed, old settings shown, installed packages shown as as uninstalled. browser refresh needed but frequently which is unacceptable
wifi can't be migrated, the "Continue" button does nothing, config/wireless needs to be recreated and confirmed with "wifi config" command. errors with region=00 which worked before.
wifi driver, unbelievably, is still of the same quality after 3 years:

ieee80211 phy1: staid 3 deleted
send_auth_reply: send failed wrt3200acm

dnscrypt1/2.. had enough really, switched to dns over https. also v2 package now huge
adblock got fatter, errors often, some regional hostfiles are gone, but new nice lists introduced and simple adblock (too simple)

so i will now need to script checks of wifi messages as wifi dies soon. or 2G fights with 5G and only one wants to work. let's see if we have classic out of disk space, out of memory issues, but this is scripted on my router, restarts are very common with this router, per scheduile and per error detected.

My settings are firewall ports for portfowarding, sqm and switch vlans configs the rest is default

LUCI and the Wireless drivers has had some major changes recently.

Luci now renders client side rather then router side, which broke some themes as well as other stuff things are improving after all these builds are snapshots.

The kernel has improved a lot in two years as well.

As to the LUCI logout issue is this only on the Opentomato theme or any theme? Also clear your browser's cache.

Memory issues shouldn't be an issue.
As for Wireless there is an option in Wireless config as some WRT router have a power table so try driver default option see if that helps.

yeah kernel is better. i love VPN now respecting and showing files and some details from it.

wifi - it was bad on driver default.

LUCI UI issues are on darkmatter a.k.a. boostrap a.k.a. freifunk_generic a.k.a. material (same layout)

samba can't be edited manually, much like wifi, which reminds me of horrid openmediavault, which didn't want use to edit anything manually, hope this is not future path. it doesn't actually provide shares, and it throws debug messages about success in error lines:

daemon.err smbd[31950]: [2020/06/03 00:54:07.933574,  0] ../../lib/util/become_daemon.c:135(daemon_ready)
daemon.err smbd[31950]:   daemon_ready: daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections

collect not working is as it always was so i remove

number of opkg un/install errors is pretty big (just two examples)

pkg_run_script: Internal error: collectd-mod-interface has a NULL tmp_unpack_dir.
missing value (something like that..from memory)

You can edit the Samba template its normally in /etc/samba folder, if you directly edit the template for everthing other then the shares it will be loaded each time.

PM me your config if possible might be something upsetting the cart.

Got it, i was adding (many - who wants to do it manually) paths into config. Still doesn't work so I removed Samba4 and noticed (again and again) that the free space actually shrinks instead of opposite. After each uninstall :confused: Tried ksmbd but it's also not providing shares.

Tools don't work

[smbuseradd/16146]: ERROR: User name sanity check failure

Is there a plan to make Samba stronger? Like zero user management, use existing user credentials. I remember it's pain each time to clone passwd to smbpasswd.

ksmbd: default config, add one share, allow guests.. nothing.
i'd welcome logging. for years, the only thing seen in logs is DNS and hostapd. now i set Log output level to DEBUG, nothing but DNS in logs. Adblock - nothing (and their log window hardly shows anything). Samba - just one startup line that's it. Other LUCI addons have log subwindows, usually either empty or require button to load the log content. This could be better i think. It's really hard to see what's happening. No meanigful logs + no "events" or notifications, no emails sent...