Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Now its working. Clients now are working with IPv6. If i can help you, just ask. Hoping that my case applies to yours.

Thank you!

1 Like

I updated to the newest build from one a few months ago and I have one note which I'm not sure David has anything to do with, but I'll write it down anyway. The old Adblock GUI was better because the most important part (the list selection) was a full page with detailed info about the lists and links to their external sources. Now that info is partly hidden and partly gone.

2 Likes

Hi all,

first: thank you very much for your builds and your work, @davidc502

I have one question,though. Is it possible to modify the flash layout, that there is more space for packages on overlay? Could this be done in general for your builds? Or can I do that in my own build by adjusting CONFIG_TARGET_ROOTFS_PARTSIZE? What would I have to keep in mind, when I modify this? By the way, as this is not set in your config, what is the default of this parameter?

Thanks and best

Yeah, that's not right. I'm still on r12235 with 52 days uptime and dnscrypt-proxy is only using ~3% of RAM from looking at htop.

However, you're nowhere near using all your RAM, so at present it's not causing you a problem.

1 Like
  1. of course it is not right, dnscrypt is using 30% of total ram 151MB at this point, getting bigger every day. where it was always just what you have around 3% and staying stable at same value

2. of course it is causing issue becoming slower and slower

3. today a few hours later it is already at 154MB, getting bigger every day in a linear base

4. 155MB for this service? lol... even with caching of 1000 entries it shouldnt do this

What did I do wrong? My firmware update to <2020-05-24> (File: openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900ac-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) has failed:
"0,No error information
Upload request failed: I/O failure while writing temporary file
DISMISS"
Updating From: WRT1900AC Mamba-1, OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r13059-9fac9168c6 / LuCI Master git-20.116.42735-f44ba48

Question: I just tested the Adblock service Blacklist and couldn't get it to work. I put this in it for example:

twitter.com
www.twitter.com

But I could still visit the site. The Adblock shows nothing, and the verbose Adblock log showed this, so I think it's loading the entries at least:

user.debug adblock-4.0.5[10981]: f_list ::: name: blacklist, mode: blacklist, cnt: 2, in_rc: 0, out_rc: 0

Is there a special blocklist format I need to use? Am I missing something? Maybe this should work and something is just cached?

Can you please share the source of you issue - it can be useful for others?

You can use Transmission from OpenWRT trunk, just need to add this into opkg.conf:

arch all 1
arch noarch 1
arch arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16 10
arch arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3 20

Check free space at /tmp.
Also, you have old Mamba, maybe flash drive failure - try other partition.

Hi,

T-Troll,

i put it in the opkg.conf file, but the opkg update command lists the old packages

opkg.conf:
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
option check_signature
arch all 1
arch noarch 1
arch arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16 10
arch arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3 20

what have I done wrong ?

br,
zacci

This DOES NOT add any new update feed, and i don't recommend to do so die to version conflicts.
This just adds compatibility with the trunk's IPK.

You need to open https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages, locate package you need (f.e. transmission-openssl), then wget it at router and install via file.

You can add trunk links as custom feeds in settings and use opkg update, but, as i say, results can be unpredictable sometimes.

Thank you T-Troll!

what is the difference between openssl and mbedtls?

and what is the difference between vfpv3 and vfpv3-d16 packages?

currently i am using the transmission-cli-mbedtls_3.00-2_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16.ipk package and the daemon is not able to start the transmission automatically. The previous workaorund does not work because I can't find the procd_set_param seccomp "/etc/seccomp/transmission-daemon.json" line in the init.d / transmission file, which should be deleted from the transmission file according to the previous workaorund instruction.

now I start the transmission from the local.startup file on a scheduled basis:

(sleep 30; transmission-daemon -e / mnt / hdd / torrent / log -g / mnt / hdd / torrent / config) &

the kernel log is full of the following entries:

[45468.388678] ieee80211 phy1: staid 5 deleted
[45724.481299] ieee80211 phy1: staid 2 deleted
[45731.539797] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[46179.804154] ieee80211 phy0: staid 1 deleted
[49486.598097] ieee80211 phy1: staid 3 deleted
[61206.068890] ieee80211 phy1: staid 2 deleted

this is a problem ?
if so, how can it be improved?

That is normal logging, and not an indication of an issue.

Of course.

The problem was that IPv6 prefix in my ONT is /64, so i had to change RA, DHCPv6 and NDP to 'relay' in DHCP server options in LAN interface -. After that, restart the router and worked fine. Previous to this, was necessary to change this lines in dncrypt-proxy.toml:

listen_addresses = ['127.0.0.1:53', '[::FFFF:127.0.0.53]:53']
ipv6_servers = true
block_ipv6 = false
1 Like

Openssl and mbtls is different encryption providers. I have openssl installed for other packages, so for me is more reasonable. You can use any one you prefer.
Difference between vfpv3 and vfpv3-d16 is different compilation architecture settings. Both of them are supported at our device, maybe d16 is a bit faster (but bigger footprint).

Transmission init.d script broken long time ago, so i disable start from init.d and use startup script as well.
But why do you using -e, not -g?

Hi Dave,

thx!

Thank you T-Troll!

true. I deleted the -e 8)

can I somehow speed up the torrent client gui?
transmission gui responds very slowly under windows or timeout when one or more torrents are running
Compared to the WRT1200, I don’t feel any speed increase in the gui reaction

I am using vm.vfs_cache_pressure=1 in the sysctl.conf but it doesn't really help
does it make sense to change the cache pressure from 100 to 1?

Installed the newest @davidc502 build last night with Linux kernel 5.4, everything started up quickly and looked great. Rather than keep my old settings I decided to start from scratch for a change. Oddly I had no internet connection, it was like it couldn't connect to my cable modem. Is there any default setting now that has WAN disabled? I checked firewall and interfaces and didn't notice anything missing. I'll check tonight when I get home, might have just missed something simple on my end. Thanks.