Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

I just checked and there is nothing.

Performed a reboot and checked again, and nothing to indicate an issue.

1 Like

Maybe a dmesg dump

dmesg | nc termbin.com 9999
1 Like

Done --
https://termbin.com/nq7g

1 Like

Does not even appear to try.
working rango dump

1 Like

Currently recompiling after a make clean, once its completed i will see if my logic is somewhat on target and remove some kmod stuff just incase.

However it would seem very strange that ieee80211 is not running on davidc's but does on amoneome's.

Offhand this appears to be about image gneration, I would suggest cranking the logs in your build process and grepping for some error/warn in the area around the mwlwifi and that backport version check on the policy that is part of the commit. You should also be able to just back out that commit and try a build without; it is just that BLOB, so not really a big deal. Should build I believe.

1 Like

Did you delete package/kernel/mwlwifi/patches/001-Fix-compile-with-mac80211-backports-5_3+.patch ? as it is now on kaloz repo.

[openwrt]$ git diff
diff --git a/package/kernel/mwlwifi/Makefile b/package/kernel/mwlwifi/Makefile
index 79addeda8a..d01c7596fd 100644
--- a/package/kernel/mwlwifi/Makefile
+++ b/package/kernel/mwlwifi/Makefile
@@ -15,9 +15,9 @@ PKG_LICENSE_FILES:=

PKG_SOURCE_URL:=https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi
 PKG_SOURCE_PROTO:=git
-PKG_SOURCE_DATE:=2020-02-06
-PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=a2fd00bb74c35820dfe233d762690c0433a87ef5
-PKG_MIRROR_HASH:=0eda0e774a87e58e611d6436350e1cf2be3de50fddde334909a07a15b0c9862b
+PKG_SOURCE_DATE:=2020-04-16
+PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=111118dc2ea3b592a5f7dff18c82d57a651970e7
+PKG_MIRROR_HASH:=dea6eeb2200ebe52a8f5db5a188b85fb6e57b68fec5f6d3437375e63bf77741b

PKG_MAINTAINER:=Imre Kaloz <kaloz@openwrt.org>
 PKG_BUILD_PARALLEL:=1
diff --git a/package/kernel/mwlwifi/patches/001-Fix-compile-with-mac80211-backports-5_3+.patch b/package/kernel/mwlwifi/patches/001-Fix-compile-with-mac80211-backports-5_3+.patch
deleted file mode 100644
index fdba575f04..0000000000
--- a/package/kernel/mwlwifi/patches/001-Fix-compile-with-mac80211-backports-5_3+.patch
+++ /dev/null
@@ -1,35 +0,0 @@
-From 182391a3c96ff6ad79bbba0758338a16a66abbd8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
-Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 14:18:58 +0800
-Subject: [PATCH] Fix driver loading with backports 5.3+
-
-Commit 747796b2f126 did not solve the issue that it crashes when an older kernel
-with a newer backport tries loading it, because it only detects kernel version.
-
-As net/cfg80211.h in 5.3+ defines VENDOR_CMD_RAW_DATA, use it as a condition.
-
-Signed-off-by: DENG Qingfang <dqfext@gmail.com>
----
- vendor_cmd.c | 4 ++--
- 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
-
---- a/vendor_cmd.c
-+++ b/vendor_cmd.c
-@@ -92,7 +92,7 @@ static const struct wiphy_vendor_command
-                         .subcmd = MWL_VENDOR_CMD_SET_BF_TYPE},
-               .flags = WIPHY_VENDOR_CMD_NEED_NETDEV,
-               .doit = mwl_vendor_cmd_set_bf_type,
--#if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(5,3,0))
-+#ifdef VENDOR_CMD_RAW_DATA
-               .policy = mwl_vendor_attr_policy,
- #endif
-       },
-@@ -101,7 +101,7 @@ static const struct wiphy_vendor_command
-                         .subcmd = MWL_VENDOR_CMD_GET_BF_TYPE},
-               .flags = WIPHY_VENDOR_CMD_NEED_NETDEV,
-               .doit = mwl_vendor_cmd_get_bf_type,
--#if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(5,3,0))
-+#ifdef VENDOR_CMD_RAW_DATA
-               .policy = mwl_vendor_attr_policy,
- #endif
-       }
1 Like

Hi jeff do you mean to completely remove that file out right now from the patch folder?
As i have the file in the patches folder.

Hi yes you need to remove it only if you update to the kaloz lastest commit.

2 Likes

Just checked, no I did not delete, and it does exist in the patches folder under mwlwifi.

Edit ** I did update to the latest commit.

1 Like

Thanks -- Will recompile tomorrow and test.

1 Like

Here is picture if it offers any help. IĀ“m new to this stuff so if you wanted to see something else, please explain how to do it. Thanks anyway!

Hello David
Can I install your build [sysupgrade.bin] to openwrt 19.07 with keep settings? I have wrt1200ac router, Thanks....

works like a sharm:

A new WRT32X user here. Would just like to enquire if the latest DavidC502 firmware found on https://dc502wrt.org is stable now. Or should I wait for a newer version?

My main need is to have VLAN which my ISP requires on the 32X, which is not found on default firmware. My main concern is if my Wifi speeds would be negatively impacted.

Thank you.

I had a WRT3200ACM with one of your builds on it but it's been shelved for a few years because my GF got had threatened to kill me after I was unable to fulfill my promises of "WiFi heaven" ...Anyways she's gone now and i'm self-quarantining so what better time to dust it off!

Anyways, I reflashed to the latest build (r12833) and have been fighting with my WRT3200ACM for hours upon hours trying to get an external SSD to auto mount on boot. I've followed all instructions for setting up extroot and everything appears fine except the external is not recognized after a reboot until I unplug it and then plug it back in. I've tried increasing the delay in the fstab config to no avail.

If there is no quick fix, I'm considering going back to the latest stable build, but i'm curious what everyone is considering that to be. I've seen a number of posts with people on r9987 and maybe r10899 ...any release, in particular, that's doing really well?

Thanks in advance!

Hi David, another one quarantining here. I live in Vietnam and our internet here is very unstable, however I have been able to use the WRT32x really well with the VPN feature, but I would have to restart it every time I switched the VPN off. I came across your build and have it installed the latest version OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12833-02640f0147 But for the life of me I cant get OPENvpn to work correctly. I am using autologin.ovmp and it connect fine to the server as i see it on the host server but there doesn't seem to be any traffic coming in our out apart from google search webpage. I have my suspicion its to do with the firewall but I have followed so many guides and ntohing works. One thing that stresses me is that I am unable to create a new instance with tun0, the button keeps spinning and nothing happens. I am not great with ssh so everything i do is through Luci. I have spent hours and to no avail. If anyone out here can help I wold be greatly appreciated. For now I will boot back to original firmware as gaming with the VPN makes a huge difference for me. thank you in advance and for everyone involved in the thread stay safe.

2 Likes

There have been some recent changes with how hostapd runs in OpenWrt. It now runs on a single instance. There have been fixes pulled in within the hour of writing this post.

hostapd: reduce to a single instance per service

mac80211: make sure existing iface belongs to correct (fullmac) phy

mac80211: fix detecting existing interface

1 Like

that should not be a problem.

I use torguard vpn with opewrt, and there is a guide on how to configure it. Using that guide it seems to work fine. However, I'm not familiar with outologin.ovmp and setting up openvpn for VPN service. This build is based on OpenWrt, so feel free to post these type of questions in the "Installing and Using" forum, as there are tons of people who probably already use OpenVPN can help you.

Best Regards,

2 Likes