Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Since no one has replied to you. I will try and help.

Are you sure your ISP uses DHCP? It's not PPPOE or something else?

Thanks...you fixed :man_mechanic: my problem. I was having trouble the last couple of days accessing a couple of websites on my tablet. Weird stuff like pages not loading fully and trouble logging onto other sites. It was like I was typing the wrong info! I disabled Software Offloading and all is well. Again...Thanks!

Hi, try the following as suggested to me by anomeome:

HTH and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Snapshot r9987 is working. so there might be a bug in between. got a cable modem, no PPPOE here. running stable and as fast as it gets. I'm a linux sysadmin

Just wasted 3 hours. Router wasnt responding, unable to ping anything, ssh anything.
No config change.

Had to factory reset, positive this was a software/hardware offload bug. ....zzzz annoyed

It does say "Experimental feature" for a reason :slight_smile:

Don't get annoyed, document your experience/failure and feed it back to the community. That's how stuff gets fixed :+1:t2:

1 Like

Try the following boot to the new snapshot set to DHCP, turn of the router and then the cable modem wait for about 3 minutes. Turn your cable modem back on and wait for it to finish connecting to the internet, then turn on your router.

I manually added software offload when it was talked about a while ago.. Alexa is working fine (as with other devices like the washing machine, vacuum cleaner that are wireless), port forwarding is working without issues, getting near 1Gb speeds from my connection, low CPU, wireless is working well...its a happy router.. its connecting via PPPoE to the outside world..

1 Like

Same, I've had software flow offloading enabled on my WRT32X for a long while now, pretty much since it was added to the kernel. Haven't had issues that these people are talking about. Of course people shouldn't also enable hardware offloading, since it's not supported on mvebu and probably never will be, not sure if that could cause an issue if that was overlooked.

In my case it was only software flow offloading that I was using, are you guys using it with or without SQM?

I notice it says not fully compatible with QOS/SQM.

How do I enable WPA3 btw, is it included in the build?

Does not work reliably (at all?) on these devices due to mwlwifi issues with PMF.

1 Like

Correct. The last I heard it is not reliable at all. I tested it a few months back and it just didn't work for a couple of new clients I was testing with.

I was using it with SQM also running when I experienced the issues described earlier.

SQM (for buffer bloat remediation) is more important to me than lower CPU use, so I'll be sticking with offload 'off' and SQM 'on' for the time being.

2 Likes

You can file WPA3 under the same wishlist as MU-MIMO, Mesh, and IoT devices. Not gonna happen, mwlwifi progress is dead. It's a shame because everything else about the mvebu platform is awesome.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you talking about the wifi driver? I see you are already posting on Kaloz mwlwifi, and that is where I get the driver.

I see kernel 4.14 support was removed for our platform mvebu. Appears the dev's are in preparation to adding kernel 5.4 support.

1 Like

10.3.8.0-20200206 this device

we need WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-20200206

Linux kernel 5.4 support coming? Woot!