Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

I was referring to the line that says " NEW 1/12/2019 New builds have been release and are ready for download."
I usually go to your page first, and check the date to see if you've released a new version. Or am I confused?

Nope, you are correct. Thanks for following up as I have fixed the year.

Good stuff.
I'd find it really helpful you could change the format to make it clearer regardless of which side of the pond you're on. This is why I wasn't sure if the date was 1 Dec 2019, or a mistyped 12 Jan 2020.
Very minor in the scheme of things.
Many thanks for the amount of time you put in maintaining this - it's much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi David was there a problem adding policy based routing to the newest build? I see you said the plan was to add it. Really keen to have a router based vpn but I've never managed to get it to work with netflix or amazon video. Policy based routing might just be the solution. Really appreciate everything you do for us. Not sure if you remember your previous advice to me about wifi woes because of dfs on 5ghz, but I eventually gave up on my WiFi and went for a ruckus R600 which coupled with your build is amazing. I'd definitely recommend it if others are looking at alternatives for wifi. I know there's been a lot of recommendations for ubiquiti, but old ruckus stuff is cheap now and well worth it.

1 Like

Well seems that v19.07 love giving me the middle finger when trying to compile it. Even the master snapshots aren't working again after trying to build v19.07. However will be dumping the virtual machine and starting from scratch.will keep you updated.

I went through a period of time compiling on a guest, and at times was a bit hit or miss. Where is it failing?

Fails on building, however even in verbose it doesn't show much and is sure vague on whats killing the build, currently doing a wipe, clean install and then running my scripts after transfering them over.

Will see how it goes after that, i really need another system to dedicated my VM's on lol.

1 Like

Hi @davidc502 ,
i just downloaded your new firmware version for the Linksys wrt1900ACS, released 2020-01-12.
Unfortunately trying to install the FW fails:

Trying via UCI/WebInterface, I am presented with a false sha256sum: 8a6d8d28f5c1cd40c498f1c43421753a93842ea07cdfcac0fcbf4bf26298c53b while the file I downloaded does have the same checksum you present on your download page.
After hitting the "proceed" buttom and a couple seconds for the upload I'm put backto the UI's main page.

I then went via CLI, downloaded the file anew. sha256sum gives the correct checksum.
But there seems to be something missing in the file. Here's the output of sysupgrate testing:

# sysupgrade -T -v openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Image metadata not found
Use sysupgrade -F to override this check when downgrading or flashing to vendor firmware Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

My currently running version is:

Model: Linksys WRT1900ACS
Firmware Version: Lede SNAPSHOT r8614-78ca6a5578 / LuCI Master (git-18.333.34665-4f2b80e)
Kernel Version: 4.14.82

Could you please look into this?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Matthias

Hey! As stated here, wireless is turned off by default if the device has ethernet ports (which my wrt32x obviously has). I was about to flash but the realized that I have no wired device in my house.

Is this firmware different in that regard? Has the most recent version (https://dc502wrt.org/releases/#32x) by chance wifi enabled by default? :grinning:

Right after all the issues i had, I managed to compile V19.07 branch.

I have just flashed it now, however already noticed that opentomato theme doesn't work due to the new render, so i have lucky for me updated the branches to include v19.07 and replaced the file with the pre-render changes (lucky for backups).

It is also running Kernel 4.14.162.

Its going to take me a while but i will be testing the firmware out.

1 Like

There is an important reason why Wireless is disabled by default, its due to security.

Having OpenWRT's WiFi enable by default means that the router would be accessible not just to you but also everyone else as the default contig is setup as a Open Network.

Just think about it, a clean OpenWRT flash with Wifi enable, with a root account that has no password is just asking for someone to be upto no good, messing with the router.

Surely you have a Ethernet connecting device such as a laptop? If so simply just get a RJ45 patch cable just for flashing and setting up the device.

Thanks for your reply. I get the reason. Unfortunately our devices lack ethernet ports. I'll have a friend come over with his laptop in a few hours :v:

If you have USB-C or even a USB-A might be wise to invest in an ethernet adapter.

Yeah, that'd be a good investment.

Got everything running smoothly. @davidc502 I'm really grateful for your work! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks I have used your firmware on all these LinkSys devices I have it's great and stable.

1 Like

Right so far so good on v19.07 builds apart from the theme issue which is now fixed.

LUCI wasn't hanging which is good the only thing I didn't test was WPA3. Else it would seem that it's just like normal master snapshots.

However I did build mine using @davidc502 normal config file with adjustments for internal builds aka packages hosted on my internal we server and compiler server.

1 Like

Hi!

I have updated from r7360 to r11583 a feew weeks ago on my WRT1900AC v1. With r7360 my Xbox never warn me about using NAT, now with r11583 show that it is connected with moderated NAT, i have forwarded the ports to my console but it never indicates open as it usually was with previous release. I have notice that uPNP is not working witk Xbox. Do you know what should i do to fix this?

Thank you!

I have an Xbox One X and Linksys WRT3200ACM, on OpenWrt and derivatives it is always moderate NAT at the first check. If you run the check once or twice in a row, the NAT will be open. I think it's a problem with Microsoft servers. Same thing on other routers with OpenWrt.

I have made what you suggest several times with no luck. With r7360 was always open NAT. I don't want to go back to previous version. Which version are you using?

Now I'm using snapshot from OpenWrt master. I don't use openvpn or wireguard. My firewall pass GRC test (all ports are true stealth), no UPnP. On Xbox the NAT is Open.