Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Dear Dave and Fellow WRT Folks,

https://github.com/stangri/openwrt_packages/blob/master/luci-theme-material-old/README.md

There is a lot talk on here about Luci not being quite correct. I found this out there on the main LEDE Forum.
Luci Theme Material (Old Style) by our old friend Stangri --

Luci Theme Material (Old Style)
Description
This package brings colorful buttons back to OpenWrt 18.06.0-rc2 and later.

Screenshot
Before (on OpenWrt 18.06.0-rc2): Beforeimage

After install (on OpenWrt 18.06.0-rc2): Afterimage

How to install
Install luci-theme-material-old from Web UI or connect to your router via ssh and run the following commands:

opkg update
opkg install luci-theme-material-old
If these packages are not found in the official feed/repo for your version of OpenWrt/LEDE Project, you will need to add a custom repo to your router first.

Add custom repo to your router
If your router is not set up with the access to repository containing these packages you will need to add custom repository to your router by connecting to your router via ssh and running the following commands:

OpenWrt 18.xx or later
opkg update
opkg list-installed | grep -q uclient-fetch || opkg install uclient-fetch
opkg list-installed | grep -q libustream || opkg install libustream-mbedtls
echo -e -n 'untrusted comment: LEDE usign key of Stan Grishin\nRWR//HUXxMwMVnx7fESOKO7x8XoW4/dRidJPjt91hAAU2L59mYvHy0Fa\n' > /tmp/stangri-repo.pub && opkg-key add /tmp/stangri-repo.pub

! grep -q 'stangri_repo' /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf && echo 'src/gz stangri_repo https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stangri/openwrt-repo/master' >> /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf

opkg update
How to use
Open the WebUI System->System page (usually at http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/system/system), select Language and Style tab and select Material_Old from Design drop-down.

2 Likes

Check already. LInksys original at one, your 6868 at second.
I have 2 explanation of this behavior:

1. Error at firmware update (but can't see it in any logs) - so maybe FW broken?
  2. Wrong version of firmware.

No one else complain here, so most probably it's 1. Anyway. let me wait for new release, then try igain.

Thanks for the info. Tried suggestions btw.. made no difference sadly.

The developers are working overtime. There are 91 individual changes made to the latest SNAPSHOT (build #212) and 15 pending build requests!
https://phase1.builds.lede-project.org/builders/mvebu%2Fcortexa9

Yea but don't think there are any mvebu changes.

I just uploaded build r7581 to the server. This does have the latest wifi driver 10.3.8.0-20180716.

Added back all of the collectd module packages that were failing last week.
Removed wpa-supplicate-p2p due to crashing the build. Will add it back on the next build.

Looks like a lot of the wifi logging has stopped which I know was bothering some people.

As a reminder, for those who want to try dnscrypt-proxy version 2, there is now an easy to use script. Just download to the /tmp directory, extract, and change permissions to execute. Also, for those folks who already have it installed, this is an easy way to get it back... However, if the .toml file has been altered be sure to re-name it, and then when the script is complete, name it back to the way it was.

1 Like

Thanks for r7581, David. I installed it in my WRT1900ACS V2, used your script for dnscrypt-proxy v2, and it all worked very nicely.

1 Like

Is there anything wrong with staying at v1? I never had any problems with it and i'm using two DNS servers which are working fine all the time...

And thanks for the new build, i'll give it a try asap!

No, there's nothing wrong with staying with v1, for now. The project appears to be dead, and all the changes/updates seem to be geared to version 2, so at some point you are going to want to come on board.

Quick question, I just installed David's build for the first time, and noticed it is using a package repository from David's site. Does this get updated regularly? Or should/can I be updating packages from the 18.06 openwrt repository?

Good question... Each time there is a new build (images to download) the repository is refreshed at that time, and that goes for third party builds, OpenWrt/LEDE.

Kherby, there are some pretty big differences between dnscrypt-proxy v1 and v2. Here's a descent website summarizing them:

v1 is barely maintained anymore as David indicated. Plus v2 has additional functionality like DNS-over-HTTPS. At some point you'll need to migrate although v1 is working now.

1 Like

Now i'm feeling a little bit ashamed for still using v1. :wink:
I'll migrate to v2 tomorrow! Hopefully i can still use my old cherry picked servers...

David,

Although I've been using your builds for a few months, I have a few naive questions regarding versioning as follows:

1. What is the relationship between your build, the most recent OpenWRT/LEDE releases (LEDE 17.05.01 and Chaos Calmer 15.05.1)?
  2. Is the "r7581" your own revision number or is it traceable to something else?
  3. In login, I see "Lede SNAPSHOT, r7581-7880a6f7fe." What is the 7880a6f7fe?
  4. What criteria do you use to release a new build?

Sorry for all the neophyte questions. I've done some searching but having a hard time understanding the "OpenWrt world" such that I can satisfy my curiosity.

Note that the current release is 18.06.0

r7581-7880a6f7fe is the version reference leading you to the last included source commit in the build from the main sources: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commits/7880a6f7fee89efe9e5e4c707b59ba45f02e21cf

1 Like

Is there any guide on how to use david's dnscrypt-proxy v2 script?

All of the configuration options are in the dnscrypt-proxy.toml

If you want to do some googling, there should be some documentation of what all of the options mean with examples.

ok, so i finally had time to look at the speed again. What I found is that a neighbor had come up on the same channel i was using on the 5ghz band so of course it slowed mine down. moved to a less used channel and back to full speed. running the latest davidc release works great. thanks!

I've copied the script to /tmp and changed permissions to execute... But i haven't installed v2 yet.
The script seems to remove luci-app-dnscrypt-proxy... Is there no luci-app available for v2?

There's no need for one. dnscrypt-proxy v2 automatically selects the best server.