Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Because it does for some reason, with each new build of the theme its always best to clean the cache anyways.

I will be requiring some help sorting the theme bugs out anyways as i have managed to fix on issue only to make 10 more.

Some times i think it would be handy to just restart the theme from scratch to be honest but will even require help for that as well, because i am still learning.

I fix the bug with client isolation between different wifi networks.
The issue was after some update, broadcast address was set to blank at br-lan interface.
Setting it to X.X.X.255 solves this.

1 Like

Looks like mwlwifi doesn't work with mac80211 5.3-rc4. I made a bug report in the hope it's fixable without changes to mwlwifi.

https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2448

1 Like

You have a tester here if you need one!!

[Disclaimer: I have no idea if that actually works, I don't have access to mvebu/ mwlwifi hardware nor am in any way related to that patch]

1 Like

I noticed this when i was looking to solve the issue i was having trying to build new images and it was erroring out.

0 8 * * * ifup wan
0 8 * * * /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy restart

The above cronjob setup seems to work in my case and fixed my dns error poblem.

Better way is using procd with wan as service trigger.

Sounds like a good Idea have no clue how to configure procd. I've also no Idea why this problem keeps popping up lately as I haven't had this problem in the past with v2.

1 Like

I'm having two issues with the "at material theme"...

1. In the System page, under the Language & Style tab, when I expand the list to choose a theme, at material shows twice - once at the top and once at the bottom of the list.
  2. I use Firefox for my browser (latest on all devices). On my PC and tablet, everything is fine. On my phone (Samsung Galaxy 8), when I log in and the Status/Overview page appears, I can't bring up the Openwrt menu in Firefox. In the Samsung Internet Browser, when I click on the OpenWrt Wireless Freedom at the top of the page, the menu rolls out from the left side of the screen; nothing happens in Firefox.

A quick fix for Darkmatter theme was posted last night: https://github.com/apollo-ng/luci-theme-darkmatter/issues/19#issuecomment-522307370

Just an FYI for any of those still interested in the theme. Haven't tested it myself yet.

Will have a look at it, can't promise anything though my .css knowledge is very low.

Yes I have tried multiple times with the same issue. I believe I tried flashing the previous release with the same issue. I using a Firefox browser. Maybe I need to try a different browser/computer and see if I get the same result. Thanks for replying.

I didn't try your solution, and in another thread I saw a solution by setting uhttpd configuration tcp_keepalive to 0. And it works for me. Thanks.

uci set uhttpd.main.http_keepalive=0
This seems work for me to resolve the web ui hang issue.

@solidus1983 @davidc502 Unsure if this is a lede or theme issue. It seems on the latest build when trying to view unsaved changes while using the atmaterial theme an error page is displayed.

404 Not Found
Sorry, the object you requested was not found.

Unable to dispatch: /cgi-bin/luci/admin/uci/changes

if I change the theme to bootstrap I am able to view unsaved changes. This is on the wrt1200ac, after doing a reset to defaults.

So like you I wish I bought an American version of the wrt32x. Sadly I have the UK version. Weirdly the wrt32x is cheaper than the wrt3200. The signal strength is awful and 5ghz is all over the place. I think it's because of the eeprom. Is there any reason why I can't take it out and reprogram it with a dump of the American eeprom and hey presto the wrt32x-uk is now a wrt32x-us?

Might be my theme causing that issue. @davidc502 might be time to temporarily change default theme again for now. It seems my one is causing issues.

I also have a wrt3200acm-EU which is a European version and the signal at 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz is disappointing !!! At 2.4Ghz the European version transmits only at 20db while the American version transmits at 30db. 5Ghz is poor signal europe version !!!I'm about to throw in the trash! I ended up buying the American version and the wireless signal strength is excellent !! They haven't figured out how to bypass eeprom memory to boost wi fi signal in these European versions. My Asus RT-AC56U is much higher than the wrt3200acm-EU of the European version.

How can you tell if it's a EU version, versus the US version? I have a WRT32X, and I'd like to know as well.

That isn't a bug, devices sold or operated in the EU are not allowed to exceed 20 dBm (100 mW) transmission power in the 2.4 GHz band, if the hardware is technically able to do more than that, the software must (and will) limit it to the allowed levels. The same goes for channel 36-68 (5 GHz), only channel 96-144 are allowed to use 27 dBm (500 mW) - with channel 149-173 being restricted to 14 dBm (25 mW).

Exceeding these legal limits, respectively operating devices allowing to exceed them, is prohibited within the ETSI region and may result in hefty legal fines.

I don't know that these issues are show stoppers are they?