Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and from what i have read so far, i am certainly not as technical as most here are but do possess some skills.

Unfortunately Im not allowed to mess with the home router set up but do want openvpn configured. That in it self is easy.

The trouble is to achieve my aim I am going to have to have the router configured as a repeater with vpn (diffrent SSID).

Unfortunately I have came across a blocker is so far as I can find the relayd & luci-proto-relay packages under System/Software.

How do I download these and install?

Your help with this would be most appreciated

thanks in advance

ok found the packages via

Table of Hardware: Package downloads

Will let you know how i get on

Started to use the david builds for my 3200acm and it is worlds better than the ddwrt builds. I've been using david's builds since early January when linksys had some major problems with this router. These builds are mostly stable except for an occasional loss of wifi signal but the speeds are great in 5g and fine on 2.4g. The last build of 7/14 has cut my speeds from 300mbps down to 100 mbps and had to revert to the last stable build.

I just updated and it looks like i have the same issue of reduced speeds. Will roll back shortly and verify that it fixes it

1 Like

It seems that the mwlwifi driver still has a long way to go... :confused:

rolling back didn't really change anything. going to let it run for a bit due to work requirements but if anyone sees somethign please post!

Ohhh.... Sometimes they are return back.
Some days ago, i lost "wireless" tab in LUCI again, as well as station list in summary. I meet this bug at my AC1900 before, now the same at AC3200. Have no idea how to fix it, seems like it's not tied to configuration changes. Will try to reinstall LUCI with clear config.

Jow,

Thansk for your input and interest in this, I had the same problem but "worked around" it with a bodge.

What i can confirm is that your first window showed everytime for me,
IMO as the routers main lan address was changing after a save and apply it was "waiting for configuration to get applied" but on the new ip address web interface.
I was able to switch to this interface and accept the config using 2 static IP configured laptops ( configured with the old and new subnets and with a browser set to access the new web interface address as soon as the router came back up )

clearly this si somthing not everyone will think about (or have access to) and therefore an unconditional "apply changes" would be a great step forward.

b.t.w. Almost the exact issue occurs on the BThomeHUB5's if you load them with recent OpenWRT/Lede however with earlier openWRT releases or with gargoyle firmware i don't remember seeing this.

This sounds exremely complicated. You just have to wait, let the countdown expire and finally hit "Apply unchecked." No fast browser closing, no manual changing of IP addresses, no use of multiple staticly configured machines.

To reiterate what LuCI does:

• While you see the 30s countdown it will apply the settings in background while the browser continues polling the ui to confirm that it is still able to reach it
  • During this time the IP will obviously change but the browser will not use another IP so it will fail to confirm reachability
  • After a certain grace period (30s by default) passed, the changes will be rolled back, the old LAN IP is restored
  • You'll get a notification that the router could not be reached anymore, at which point you're offered to click "Apply unchecked"
    • This will do the same apply process but not roll back if the device cannot be reached by the browser anymore
    • The IP change will be persistent at this point

I suppose a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that people "browse away" during the 30s coutdown which means that LuCI will never receive a confirmation. Some then manage to reconnect manually during the 30s period but then the IP is suddenly reverted after a few seconds due to the missing confirmation.

So in short - if you leave the page during the 30s countdown, the changes will get reverted.

Hi Guys

Thought I'd report back issues I've found trying to set up WRT32X in repeater mode.

Build: lede-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys-wrt32x-squashfs-factory.img
Additional Packages:
relayd_2016-02-07-ad0b25ad-2_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
luci-proto-relay_git-18.201.27126-7bf0367-1_all.ipk

#1 radio0 5ghz needs to be started manually
#2 Unable to scan for wifi networks via Luci for radio0 5ghz
#3 2.4ghz scanned successfully via LUCI however once in client mode, connection intermittently drops, 5 secs on 20 secs off
#4 Manual 'client' configuration of radios results in:
radio0 (5ghz) not broadcasting/receiving
radio1 (2.4ghz) exhibiting #3 behaviour.

Note:
Tried to set up each band as client individually, i.e. not together
Followed steps provided @
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/relayclient

I'm in between jobs so ill keep an eye on these forums and see how my QA&Test experience can help progress Davidc502 builds (thank you) however to reiterate I will be limited as I'm going to have to do this on the sly, i.e. when bruv is not at home, and i can utilise the WRT32X as the main router.

I hope this helps to progress the build

And once again, thank you

Wow, and I thought my WRT32x gave up on me, had a similar issue where radio0 just disappeared(Generic module was replacing the Marvel device). Factory reset did not help.
Thinking about going back to stock to verify HW is not losing it :slight_smile:

I'm new to LEDE and am considering installing it on my wrt3200acm. If I understand correctly, snapshots do not have the LuCi gui but it seems your snapshots includes LuCi gui. Is that correct?

That is correct as well as other popular packages.

Keep in mind, if you want to install a daily snapshot LuCi can still be installed as well as other packages, so it's not like they aren't available.

OK. Thanks

I’m looking at increasing my WAN speed to 300mbps and I’m wondering whether the 1900ac v2 will be able to handle the speed when running David’s build. Is anyone else using this router with a WAN speed at that level? I currently have 150mbps and it seems to struggle with packet QoS enabled but maybe I’m crazy and it would actually handle things fine?

I’m reading that the RC of OpenWrt 18 includes offloading patches, are those included for this series?

All 4.14.x kernel images have flowoffload built by default. You can enable it in firewall page of GUI, or just edit file /etc/config/firewall.

1 Like

Do some speed tests whilst in command line on the router. Run the command htop, and watch processor utilization during the speed tests. Lets see how much headroom you have when downloading at 150mbps or 300mbps.

Also, it's been a while since I've looked at Flow Offloading, but seems to be there were some negative effects from enabling it. I would need to go back through to see if that's still the case or not, so I'm a little hesitant of enabling it unless I knew for certain the CPU couldn't handle the needed throughput.

I have been using flowoffload on a mamba and rango for ~5 months with no perceived ill effects (since the initial shake out back in the Feb-Mar time-frame). It is effective and transparent, and with the recent introduction of ath79, has provided a new lease on life to a C7V2 device. There may still be an issue with enabling HW offload on the one mediatek device that currently has the hardware offload plugin offered, but that is a moot point for the wrtpac devices.

Are you still defining OFFLOAD for the iptables forward rule to get it enabled? I believe the change wouldn't survive a reboot, and another file needed to be modified to ensure persistence through reboots?