Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

What is your vlan configuration?

@davidc502, could you please help have a look at what's wrong with my build?
I used your config.seed as .config.

make[4]: Entering directory '/home/teapet/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/dnscrypt-proxy-2018-11-22-f61ca76a'
make[4]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/teapet/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/dnscrypt-proxy-2018-11-22-f61ca76a'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:130: /home/teapet/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl_eabi/dnscrypt-proxy-2018-11-22-f61ca76a/.built] Error 2

But I saw there's a "Makefile.am" in the directory.

Take a look at all the steps @slim0287 outlined to do for a successful build.

Thanks David.

But, I do see @slim0287 post before and just followed the outlined steps, except the last step:
I didn't run
IGNORE_ERRORS=50 make -j6
Instead, I just run
make

Because I don't know IGNORE_ERRORS=50 will ignore what kind of errors.
And the compile error existed in dnscrypt-proxy, it cannot be ignored, right?

Well, lets just put it this way... If you don't ignore errors it will never complete :laughing:

Don't worry.. It will only ignore packages it can't compile. Any major errors and it will fail.

As for failed packages, there is a list to go through when the build is completed.

I can confirm that with IGNORE_ERRORS=50 advised to me by @slim0287 I can finally build the image. Although building still doesn't go flawlessly, as there are still errors at which it stops. But these can usually be resolved and building finished then. Earlier I was not successful to build with IGNORE_ERRORS=m which I saw recommended somewhere. I fact don't know what exactly this means, didn't find an explanation anywhere. So the conclusion is you have to ignore errors otherwise you won't build the image.

Edit: Just IGNORE_ERRORS=m may not be enough. Currently building and still failing due to errors without a clear cause in make listing when using -j2 or higher. It can proceeded with -j1 only, but is horribly slow. After adding --keep-going it seems to continue fine even with -j6 on 6 core CPU.

The Entropy plugin collects the available entropy on a system. Entropy is important to generate random numbers, which are used for encryption, authorization and similar tasks.

I'm using a nas for building the images, and it's still building and has built for several days. :joy:

Hi, I am trying to connect using sftp via gFTP..so that I can upload and run the dnscrypt2 script. However it keeps giving me the error: ash: /usr/libexec/sftp-server: not found.

I also tried Filezilla but that give me an unexpected EOF error.

Any ideas?
Many Thanks in advance

I don't know anything about gFTP, but if on the router use wget. Does gFTP have the ability to pull from https sources?

example:
wget https://dc502wrt.org/dnscrypt/dnscrypt-proxy2.zip

Hi David, thanks for the very quick reply. I downloaded the zip file to my laptop and was going to connect using either Filezilla or gFTP to upload the file from there. I did the same using my windows desktop and WinSCP which worked great.

However using your method should work equally well.
Many Thanks

P.S: I don't know much about gFTP either was just trying to find any transfer client that would do the job on linux, it seems to have support for http but not https.

1 Like

Right, tweaked the at-material theme slightly to fix an issue with the Firewall area so its not long borked in terms of the popup box.

Just Adblock page issue to sort then is completed.

2 Likes

It's because you need to install openssh-sftp-server package for sftp support.
Or you can use scp from the box instead, it's have native support in dropbear.

Client doesn't matter, f.e. i use WinSCP for it.

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if any one here could help or point me to the right place. I installed the most recent build last week from https://dc502wrt.org on a WRT3200ACM due to the stock firmwares parental controls just turning off.

I've been able to set static IP's and Name each MAC address under
Network - DHCP and DNS - Static Lease.

I've bee n able to create the Firewall rules outlined here.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/firewall/fw3_configurations/fw3_parent_controls.

via LuCI

1. Network → Firewall → Traffic Rules → New forward rule
  2. Add name for your rule, e.g. “Kids weeksdays”, “Kids weekend”
  3. Source zone: lan
  4. Destination zone: wan
  5. Click Add and edit
  6. Select Source MAC address or Source address
  7. Set Action to be Reject
  8. Select weekdays
  9. Select start/stop time
  10. Save&apply

But have got stuck here Killing already-established connections on start time
As I noticed today that gaming sessions continue after the start time of the rule.

So for the question
how would i go about this step on a windows 10 machine?
1. Create /etc/cronfw.sh and set the execute bit. Insert the following script into the file:

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My assumptions are
Install a FTP server like openssh-sftp-server on the router
as though i can SSH in using putty, I cannot sign in Using Filezilla FTP, SFTP. and cannot find the option to turn it on within the router settings.
Then create the file in Notepad with the script text, ensuring its saved as a ..SH file
Then use Filezilla to move this to required directory.

1 Like

I flashed your builds onto my WRT32X and noticed that my 40/10 connection was performing at 20/10 on wireless on both the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz antennas.

Where should I start to chase down this performance issue?

You have to create the file by connecting to your router using a SSH client like PuTTY. Then you have to use a tool to create the file like “vi /etc/cronfw.sh”. Then you have to just type “chmod +x /etc/cronfw.sh” to set the execute bit.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, it has pointed me in a direction I should be able to follow.

I've been able to create the file.
Press "I" Enter some text "Test"
Save the file ESC:wq
I've also been able to verify the file is there and the contents with
cat /etc/cronfw.sh
which displays "Test".

So thanks again, I will see if there is a way to copy the code or type it up when i have some time.

Press i to get into insert mode, then you should be able to copy the text in with right click. It will paste whatever is in your clipboard.

Thanks Roman for the explanation, I will give it a try.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks that was quicker than typing it all I will see how it goes.
But on first look at the system logs there appears to be some errors.

First line, was an error that was created on restart of the cron service?
the 2nd and 3rd lines are the 20min scheduled events for the file

Sun Aug 4 14:19:00 2019 cron.err crond[7023]: crond (busybox 1.31.0) started, log level 5
Sun Aug 4 14:20:00 2019 cron.err crond[7023]: USER root pid 7034 cmd /etc/cronfw.sh
Sun Aug 4 14:40:00 2019 cron.err crond[7023]: USER root pid 7142 cmd /etc/cronfw.sh

any ideas on what they are are or where to start troubleshooting.

Edit: it seems to work regardless