Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Tried that and still no dice. I will likely need to roll back my 2nd router and see what happens.

Booted to an alternative partition (older version) 4.14.105 and it works just fine. Trying 4.14.120 there is an issue. Main AP remains on 4.14.120

1 Like

@solidus1983 hi i reinstalled all and put stats on an USB disk - atm it seems to be ok , no more buffered mem growing - strange as stats were already on this usb folder .
for the rest version based on kernel 4.19.52 seems ok , i see no bad behavior
best and thanks to @davidc502 and all contributors
pascal

1 Like

I just wanted to say thank you to all the testers who were willing to take time, out of their day, to try out a build with kernel 4.19 and report back any anomalies. After about a week now, I can say it has been a success. Yes, there have been a couple of package/software issues, but nothing major. My biggest concern was dealing with the 1900ac Version 1, but the report was no reboot or other issues were found which is great. It would have been nice to have a larger sample size, but with the hardware being as seasoned as it is now, I imagine we will see less and less of those over time.

At this point it is time to move forward, and I will be uploading a new build based on kernel 4.19 today.

Once again a big thanks to our testers.

David

8 Likes

Its been a pleasure to test, nothing at all issue wise, I even returned the device to stock and direct reflashed your 4.19 kernel version, its working very well right now.

2 Likes

Almost forgot to report the arrows are fixed in r10307! Much appreciated.

David

4 Likes

Yep and there is only a few other bugs to sort before I am truly happy.

4 Likes

Hey @davidc502, just popped r10307 on my WRT32X with no ill effects, thanks!

4 Likes

@WiteWulf
Great news -- Thanks for reporting.

1 Like

I have tested WDS with the WRT32x and a td-w8980/9980 with OpenWRT not getting the same issues however it was only using 2.4ghz band.

First, let me thank DavidC and all the developers for all the great work they do.
I first installed DavidC's version r8810 about 1 Jan 2019 and did some adjustments over the next two weeks. When I installed r10307 today, my WRT3200ACM had been up 188 days.
I chose to upgrade now partly to get all the updates, but specifically to get the SACK patches for the kernel. (This is exactly what I was hoping for when I went with OpenWRT - a router that would get quickly updated when required)

The unusual thing I do in my config is to run two /24 networks, one for my laptop & phone (lan2), another for anyone else using my network (spouse, TVs, etc) (lan). I dedicate radio0 5GHz to an SSID for lan2 while radio1 is for an SSID for lan (I do have other WAPs). The purpose of disjoint networks is to throw a speed bump for any bad guy or script that gets into my home network via one of the other devices.

The reboot into r10307 seemed perfect as it came up. The upgrade mechanism works very well. I was afraid my 2 lans might cause a problem.

I tried dnscrypt-proxy2 in January and had problems, so I reinstalled without using the script. I've had the same or similar issues on this version. My recollection is that the standard configuration is incompatible with my two lans. FYI, on both lan & lan2, dhcp apparently tells clients to use the WRT3200ACM's address on lan for DNS.

NOTE: Do not take this as a request to dig into my issues with dnscrypt-proxy2. I haven't taken the time to dig into it. It is a nice-to-have, but not required. If I do, and resolve it or fail to, I'll let this list know. I'm just reporting on r10307 install.

I previously set up an OpenVPN but haven't had a chance to test it. If there is a problem, I'll report it.

Kudos and thanks again to David for making the install so easy, and for the OpenWRT developers for making it work so well.

2 Likes

Not sure of the cause, but I was having some 5ghz issues with r10077 on my WRT1900AC V1. Devices would basically register 0% signal or close to it, and hardly anything would load and would often have errors. This was confirmed by Luci and in Windows / iOS. I just updated to r10307. No blatant issues yet but I'll need to give it some time/testing. No rebooting or anything though which is good considering the kernel bump to 4.19.

3 Likes

What kernel were you using? I use the 5ghz as a back haul since I have wired devices at my end points. David sent me one with a newer version and those issues went away. I wonder if it was kernel or driver issue causing this issue.

You should have any issues with using more than one LAN in fact, I have 2 myself and two WAN (load balanced). I infer that you have those LANs separated out by the firewall (so they can't talk to another across the switch). Also you should give softether a shot as a VPN server it's very solid and is also found in the repos if you are looking for an easier way to configure VPN.

I am using the latest snapshot which is r10307 ,
No issues with WDS or anything on that build for me on a WRT32X, when i did the WDS test it was Wifi to Wifi like an extender, which would of gave the same error as you got if there was an issue, the Wifi driver on our WRT's hasn't changed now for a while, also if it was kernel related more of use would have the same issue.

Which leaves it down to compatibility issues and or config issues, or the fact that build 10077 was the first Kernel 14.9 build and the repo's wasn't caught up yet. (Logical deduction here).

That is some overally complicated network there. Might so something simular so i can split bandwidth when i finally get fibre (Still on cruddy ADSL2 with an over reliance on SQM right now to remove bufferbloat).

Just installed your latest build onto my wrt1200ac and I’m very pleased, it’s fully resolved my high ping.

Other than the preinstalled useful packages, is there anything else that your build tweaks?

@TTTJJJ

What build did you come from before flashing? Yes, there is a tweak going on for Wifi. @starcms showed me how to tweak the wifi driver to keep ping times low.

2 Likes

This is an update to the ongoing issue dealing with Linksys Factory Firmware.

Notice the very last sentence in this article :grin:

2 Likes

@davidc502 I came from 18.06.2 but noticed the WiFi issues almost immediately. Your firmware has fixed that, but it would be nice if the fix could be integrated into the next release. It significantly improves performance.

It's nice Linksys are looking after everyone. Pushing people away rather than fixing the problem :joy:

1 Like