Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

OK, will give it a try.

@FCS001FCS Win10 now ships with a built-in ssh client, so just open powershell and type:
ssh root@192.168.1.1.
If ssh is "not recognized" go into Win10 settings->Apps->optional features and install the "OpenSSH Client".

1 Like

I tried the Stable release 19.07.3 but it was a lot of work to set it up with the packages I need and then the Radios are really terrible.

Went back to Davidc502's last build for the WRT3200 as I really do not have the knowledge to handle the DSA problems and setup on my own with a current Snapshot build.

I suppose I will just need to wait and put-up with the small issues I have with David's last version: https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r13342/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Thanks to all for the help.

1 Like

It is not an overly complicated process to get an image of you own specification put together using the Image Builder. As to DSA setup do you have a complex VLAN setup with your current configuration?

Maybe I will try Image Builder out next weekend.

Concerning DSA, I have the default swconfig setup but I am concerned how the DSA will work with @stangri 's VPN Policy-Based Routing package; which is essential for my home network.

DSA works fine with VPR package, in use here on a rango. Getting DSA up and running with your current config via this is simple enough.

@anomeome - Thanks for the help

I got the Snapshot image built with Image Builder and will try it out in the coming days. It seems to have built without errors.

In the link you gave you recommended to "reconcile" the following configs. What exactly do I need to change in each file? Is it just to go through and adjust to what I had with the swconfig?

* /etc/config/network
* /etc/config/system
* /etc/firewall.user

Dear All,
Hello and I hope that all are safe and well. I realize that I may be a bit off topic. However, can anyone point me in the direction of a customized community build for TP Link AC1750? I figured that I would fiddle around with this router as Dave has either suspended or terminated his support for these Linksys routers. Please no lectures - I realize that this is a knowledgeable community and I have time on my hands. Thanks.

Hey David and all other helpful souls, I've been trying to get DNS reporting to work in the adblock services tab.

I've checked the DNS reporting box in the overview section but the stats and dns requests lists never seem to update and the dns report doesn't show anything even if I hit refresh.

I checked the log file and I see no errors being reported by adblock, tcpdump-mini, or sort, but when I check the logview tab in the adblock section I still see "Please enable the 'DNS Report' option to use the reporting feature" (even though as previously stated, this option has been enabled)

I been following this section for some time now, David's Firmware is the only one I used on my LinkSysWRT3200ACM.. and as David has posted, No more updates till everyone is converted or DSA is figured out where nobody gets softbricked, anyhow, How would one convert to DSA, I have read above some people posting some simple guides and so on, even seen where someone said copy current setup, then force flash the what I am taking is the DSA firmware then make changes accordingly.. But im still not understanding that.. How can you force flash firmware that is setup for DSA, when it will softbrick your device before you could even get into settings to make the changes to configs listed...

So could anyone give me a little insight on how to convert to the DSA, so I can be caught up with the rest of you all..

Thanks.........

2 Likes

The softbrick mentioned occurs only when you force a flash while keeping your current swconfig based network setup in place. There is no softbrick should you force the flash and DO NOT keep your current config. Or to put it another way, installing a current master image works fine if you are installing for the first time. One way to get the job done.

2 Likes

Ahh, thank you.. so I get it now, if I flash FULL firmware, No softbrick.. kinda like the firmware on my Oneplus 6T and 7Pro device, If bootloader unlocked and rooted, gota flash with FULL firmware.. but if not.. it can flash the upgrade only.....

So this is pretty much kinda same thing.. to convert to DSA, flash FULL package (Force I am taking it) and pretty much just reset up everything as for the first time....

Kinda had to do this when I went from dd-wrt to openwrt.. so I see.. pretty much same thing........

Hey Man, thanks for your help..

I just went through this and it worked fine.

Main point is when you get to the screen where it says in Red to force the flash and it makes you check that box before you can continue, look above and there is another check box to keep your settings, Uncheck this box (do not keep settings) or you will soft brick the router due to the DSA differences.

You will then have to input all your settings manually or, if knowledgeable enough (Google is your friend) , modify your old tar.gz settings file "network" config file and then recover your settings to the router via "Upload Archive..".

Just some hints from someone who just did this process.

Make sure you really know what you are doing before you start.

1 Like

So you just force flashed the latest Firmware from the openWRT website?
Just getting a understanding, making sure we are all on the same page..

Just to make sure, we are only talking about the development builds i.e. Snapshot builds. See https://downloads.openwrt.org/

The Stable and Old Stable do not have the change to DSA included, as far as I know.

Note that the Snapshot builds do not include LuCi (GUI) so you are required to do some command line installs of packages to get the GUI or use the Build (make) or Image Builder to make an image that has all the packages you want. There are WIKIs on both processes but you will need to also look around to get all you need to know how to build an image.

1 Like

Yes, do not keep settings (uncheck box) if you are going from a non-DSA image to a Snapshot image including DSA and then check Force Update to continue flashing the image having the DSA network default setup. Then setup your router from scratch to your requirements. Do not just upload your old settings file as it does not reflect the new DSA settings in your "network" config file.

If you mess up and cannot log into to you router with default settings i.e. 192.168.1.1 then use the 3 power-on/power-off cycles to revert to the last working image/settings on your router. There is a Wiki some where explaining that.

1 Like

Hi guys, just flashed this bulid last night, it's better than the standard openwrt image! I can actually use the DFS channels. Although I have hit another snag, I currently have an SSD connected to my WRT3200ACM and I can't seem to get it to detect and mount on this build, anyway it was formated with F2FS and it already had some info on the drive.

so do we have to install a new build with DFS? (in which case where is the link for this build) or can we wait until this mess gets cleared up and make do with the latest build on David's web site?

I just want to thank everyone for all their help in understanding this DSA configuring and so on..

I also want to mention, that @davidc502 Build is by far the best stable working firmware I ever ran on this Router... and I fully respect him for his hard word and dedication hes put into it.. I understand him taking his break. He probably needed one anyhow.. And I hope when all this DSA stuff is worked out, that he might one day start building again...... and when/if he does, I will be sure to be back here again to Flash it...

Thank you again to all that has helped me understand thie DSA more..............

http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
or
imagebuilder to build your own to include the packages you want/need in the image including Luci OOTB. (Needs Linux/64 standalone or VM)

Be aware the snapshot will not have Luci installed.

That depends a lot on why you want to upgrade. You can easily wait for the next Stable release if your happy with what you have now.

FWIW, DSA is pretty trivial if you run an uncomplicated setup.
@anomeome's posts/links are really helpful in increasing your understanding.