Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

git log --pretty="%h - %an - %cd:%s" --all-match --grep=mvebu --grep=DSA
./scripts/getver.sh f799c65946

Thank you very much!

Sorry, but it didn’t work (I guess?). It comes back with 'not found'

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding context, are you talking about where a build tree is at, or are you talking about a running image on a device. If the latter you will have to check /etc/openwrt_version is later than when it came in the git log; r13481-f799c65946. But given that you are talking about DSA, your /etc/config/network config will have to have been altered, so ...

That’s what I was looking for, thank you. My version is: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r13046-df27e949fb / LuCI Master git-20.111.65731-398b198.

If I understand correctly, I just need wipe my settings & configuration to upgrade or I flash the stock build & upgrade normally from there?

one way, iirc there were one or two others presented above in this thread.

From all my experience with this open source software, anyone is allowed to freely compile a firmware for routers from OpenWrt sources.
In the section of Kong pro firmware for R7800 who promotes his compilation version he or other users?
I noticed here that there are some people who do not want to consider this firmware, you see they do not trust what it does, in the end no version is safe.
But once I say maybe the only one who is able to ask me not to write about SupeWRT in this column is David.
Sorry Davidc502 for my posts over your column, the reason I made it public was because I saw that you were no longer compiling and I said that SuperWRT can be an alternative for those who want to accept ...
Anyway from this moment on this subject i don't reply to anyone anymore.

@oli I think you're missing the point. The OpenWrt project supports our mvebu platform and can be discussed anywhere. This thread is specifically for davidc502's builds which he had been doing for several years to great success. We are well aware that anyone can modify and/or compile their own open source software, the point is this thread and this forum as a whole is not to discuss projects by others such as SWrt. What makes matters worse is that intellectual property from that country has been a major concern worldwide the last couple decades, even more so lately. SWRT project main website is not in English, it is in Chinese, and most of us do not speak or read the language and are unaware of what changes they have made to the software.

tl;dr - this thread is for davidc502 builds of OpenWrt, not for any other builds or modifications.

Let's move on please.

2 Likes

You are a little misinformed, you didn't understand anything I said above! :grinning:

Fake news! :slight_smile:
Cheers

2 Likes

You have to see that your message can be interpreted and you put @phinn in trouble! :wink:

And I said:

Please start a new thread if you’re so inclined, this is the wrong place

Beyond that, I just posted my experience trying to get a copy of the firmware.

First alarm was your refused invite within a half hour of your original post (I‘m a curious individual), but it worked with ‘shields down’. The rest of that story is history.

This is the Official OpenWrt and as such has trust in the community.

It’s pretty simple.

I’ve run out of piss - you’re on your own - Bye.

2 Likes

hi mr david i hope you be fine always
please can you guide to me which openwrt package do this conntrack example:

|tcp-syn-sent-timeout (time; Default: 5s)
|tcp-syn-received-timeout (time; Default: 5s)
|tcp-established-timeout (time; Default: 1d) |
|tcp-fin-wait-timeout (time; Default: 10s) ||
|tcp-close-wait-timeout (time; Default: 10s) ||
|tcp-last-ack-timeout (time; Default: 10s) ||
|tcp-time-wait-timeout (time; Default: 10s) ||
|tcp-close-timeout (time; Default: 10s) ||
|udp-timeout (time; Default: 10s) |
|udp-stream-timeout (time; Default: 3m) |
|icmp-timeout (time; Default: 10s)
|generic-timeout (time; Default: 10m)

this example fro mikrotik

Thank you

that is working great, i just buil an immage

1 Like

Hi guys! Tell me how on this firmware on Linksys 1900acs v2 with the performance of the work of Wi-Fi, in comparison with the stock firmware? And then when the last time I installed openwrt version 19, everything was very bad (the wifi was constantly disappearing and the speed is much lower than on the stock). Or please recommend which firmware you can install instead of the stock one.

I've been using davidc502 builds on my WRT1900ACS V2 for a couple of years. I've always had excellent performance. I have a 300 Mbps/100Mbps connection into my house, and for devices that support that rate I usually get 200-300 Mbps down throughout my house on WiFi. Admittedly, it has been a long time since I compared speeds to stock firmware, but that is only because I've had excellent performance for so long. I occasionally run through wireguard tunnels to an off-site server and I get great performance as well. I'm currently using r13342 which David released in May. I've got a lot of WiFi devices (50 ish) and am very happy with the performance.

Thank you for reply! I understand that the firmware from davidc502 is no longer supported.

Well, not so much "no longer supported," but rather David is no longer producing new builds. This is primarily because OpenWrt has migrated to using DSA instead of swconfig, and any new build will effectively soft-brick everyone's router unless special care is taken. I believe his perspective is that he does not want to start a rash of soft-bricked routers in the community, so he has stopped producing builds.

So don't ignore the big red box telling you that you are moving to an incompatible version, that is special. The move is painless and trivial, no matter the course taken.

At the risk of going off-topic, what builds have you moved on to? Your own? Or is there a different source you are using?