Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

I usually disable it in the driver prior to compiling, but this was a test build, and I didn't modify the driver to disable it.

I set affinity for crypto to CPU 1, and I see some improvement. I noticed eth0 and 1 are on CPU0, so I thought to separate them, and it seems to have made a difference.

echo "2" > /proc/irq/40/smp_affinity

cat /proc/interrupts to see what your assignments are.

I'm interested to see test results from others to make sure this isn't just 1 good result.

Dear Dave ( and the other assembled OpenWRT Mavens ),
Hello and I hope that you and all your loved ones are well safe and sound down South. First, I am far from as skilled as many here who offer you feedback and their impressions concerning your builds and issues in general. However, as a beginner / intermediate everyday user of OpenWRT - this test works exceedingly well IMHO. About my usage - I run DNS OVER TLS ( with getdns stubby and unbound ) - OpenVPN - WireGuard - Adblocker - banip - acme - watchcat - BCP38 - and all of these are humming along GREAT ! I had tested a few other folks' Kernel 5.4.41 builds and yours is simply outstanding because all of the components work well together - even the kmods. I tested this on 32x and 3200acm.
Thank you so very much for being as thorough as you have always been when putting your firmware out for all of us. I also wish to thank all those who come here to work collaboratively with anyone who needs assistance with virtually any matter related to these routers which we own. I love this Community and - Dave as I said - we go way back - and you are such an affable, genial and consummate gentleman - that the work you do is like a bonus on top of it all. Thanks once again Man - and God Bless Always In Peace You and Yours
PS -
I hope that I did not come off as too mooshy - but I am who I am - like Popeye :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I saw the same behavior with the last kernel 4.19 build r13022.
I have currently disabled amsdu via the /etc/rc.local startup.

Hi davicc502 - would you please be able to help with a USB storage related problem? I've posted it separately here: Mounting USB storage with existing files?

Thanks in advance!

Assuming your hdd is /dev/sda1:

mkdir /mnt/sda1
mount -o noatime,async,big_writes -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1

now you'll have your hdd in /mnt/sda1
use it in samba

ps: it's easy, when you know it, but I agree this should work out of the box

1 Like

Thanks, I see I/O is 1.5 times faster for NAS HDD download, and more than 2 times faster for upload to NAS HDD. New kernel is as great as promised!

2 Likes

r13244 works well for me. Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 with ~50 attached defines, mostly WiFi. I use dnscrypt-proxy v2 and installed wireguard. For the WiFi devices that can handle it, I get near my fiber 300 Mbs download speed.

Thanks heaps mate!

The drive mounted ! (and I finally know what mounted looks like :D)

I can now access the files in the HDD through my laptop, but my desktop still couldn't get in; getting the same error message.

Also, may I ask where I might read more about the "big_writes" option? I can find references for the other mounting options but not this one.

Also one more side question: does a program supporting samba V2 also support V2.1?
The reason I'm asking is that I also used to access the hdd on my android phone using a file manager (X-plore File Manager). The file manager supports SMB V2 but I couldn't connect in this mode; rather, I had to enable legacy support in openwrt and connect via SMB V1.
PS allowing SMB V1 didn't help with my desktop accessing the hdd.

Cheers

Is there a good tutorial for configuring dnscrypt using david's latest firmware?

1 Like

Hello,

WRT3200ACM user here.

It seems i am not the only one experiencing unstable wireless latency (300ms+) on 5Ghz with mobile devices since the last release (upgraded now to the r13). Also i can't get the full WAN speed over wifi.

On wired devices i get 939dl/300ul. But on single 5Ghz device i get about 200mbps both ul/dl.

Does not matter 40/80mhz or AC/N.
Packet Steering/software offload/SQM also do not change this result.

Anything i can test or configure either through GUI or CommandLine?

Disabling UAPSD seems to help!

Here is the thread on reddit:

Some of you may encounter this problem, so I'll just let you know.
Python2 packages are no longer included in newer builds. This was the reason why upgrading from r12394-1d4f2ca610 was failling in my case.
I installed r13244-8097fd4d5f and had to redo my whole setup with Python3 this time, and everything is working fine.

Also, over 5Ghz the only channels working seem to be:

36,40,44,48 and 149. (20/40/80Mhz)

Mode: AC
Power: Driver Default
Country Code: Driver Default
No legacy rates
Open Network
Short preamble: Yes
Disable Activity Polling: Yes
Disassoc on low ACK: No

big_writes option is being used by ntfs-3g, you can google it. I find it useful for performance reasons.

If one of your PCs cannot access share, check my /etc/config/samba4 for any missing options:

config samba
	option workgroup 'WORKGROUP'
	option description 'Samba on OpenWrt'
	option charset 'UTF-8'
	option interface 'lan'

config sambashare
	option name 'DATA'
	option path '/mnt/sda1'
	option read_only 'no'
	option guest_ok 'yes'
	option create_mask '0666'
	option dir_mask '0777'
	option force_root '1'
2 Likes

Thanks David. Loaded on 1200ac. Will report back for issues.

Looks like fswebcam package has not been compiled properly in this build, ipk has no binary inside.

same goes for libgd and libgd-full packages

Thanks mate. Forgot google.. How did that happen :b

I've compare my samba config file to yours and everything's the same.

Still I get this error message

And if I type \192.168.1.1 in Windows explorer I get

This is so strange. My laptop can get in no problem but my desktop just wouldn't budge. I've compared both PCs' workgroup & sharing settings and adjusted desktop settings accordingly but still the same errors.

Grrrrrr I'm pulling my hair out.

Anywhere else I could check?

Thanks

Try setting this value to 1 (reboot needed):

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\AllowInsecureGuestAuth

If its not there create the value as a DWORD.
It might also be needed to enable SMB1 in Windows Features, hope this helps.

You may also compare this value on both machines you have.

1 Like

Hey mate - I worked this out by test mapping network drive, and directly configured in windows 10 group policy window and it did resolve the problem! YAY! I'm literally typing up the solution right now in my original post for other's future reference.

Thank you so much!

Full journey here Mounting USB storage with existing files?

1 Like

Post #4673 by joostieke in this thread is a pretty straight forward how-to. Follow the dev doc noted and use joostieke’s values and you should be good to go.