Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

The wifi driver has not changed, but the firmware blob was updated to what Linksys put out Late January. I'm not sure if that change is what is causing this issue, but what you can do is save the firmware off of r10899, and install the latest build, and replace the firmware with the old one you saved, and see if it works.

Might consider reverting wifi firmware. Many issues with the new one from the beginning of this year: 2.4GHz getting clients disconnected after an idle time, other quirks with 5GHz clients since r12235, virtual wifi breaks the interface. No real benefits from the new firmware, only drawbacks. DD-WRT is also going back to previous long time tested and stable wifi firmware.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these details. I've been having some odd/random quirks with wireless connectivity since upgrading that firmware near the start of this year as well. Like you, I'm considering reverting as well.

Do you have a DD-WRT commit or post regarding this revert in wifi firmware that you can link to? I would appreciate it, for sure. That will also help with my decision to revert too.

It might be to do with hostap and not the firmware of the wireless or driver.
as the file(s) that that make the ap's or sta's are made by hostap. Just a thought.

hey guys , i've done super dumb mistake in my both partitions i configured my firewall to Input drop
now i cant connect to the admin dashboard of router ... though i'm still connected to it and it gives me internet ... i have no way to export of my existing configuration from it :((((( anyone has some clue if there is a way to export it ? (i know i can reset everything but i have a lot of configuration i wish i could keep...)

ok this king made my day :

Hello everybody.
I would like to ask: Is it possible to limit the "wrong password retries" to 3times/minute for the SSH Wan-side server if it's enabled ? (Just like ddwrt)
Thank you.

Hey David, thanks for your builds.

I am facing a lot of dropped frames on my br-lan when i type in ifconfig, and i tried installing ethtool to see if it is really an interface error or a cable fault. however, ethtool isn't available. is it possible to add ethtool to your repository?

br-lan Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 60:38:E0:XX:XX:XX
inet addr:10.0.0.2 Bcast:10.255.255.255 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: fe80::6238:e0ff:fec5:1ce0/64 Scope:Link
inet6 addr: fd65:3dab:75f2::1/60 Scope:Global
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:59348 errors:0 dropped:13318 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:48301 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:8264458 (7.8 MiB) TX bytes:30023037 (28.6 MiB)

Thank you!

Ethtool is already an available package in the repository. Are you on the latest build?

I can confirm this myself as well.

ethtool_5.4-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16.ipk
r4966 | brainslayer | 2020-03-24 15:39:04 +0400 (Tue, 24 Mar 2020) | 1 line
revert 88W8964 to last known good firmware. the latest one seem to be buggy

5GHz is also going missing many times requiring reboot. crapple devices bonjour clients cannot get discoverable, too.

Sorry if off topic.

1 Like

Hey David,

I am on your r12570 build, however, I am shown this

root@OpenWrt:~# ethtool
-ash: ethtool: not found

and...

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install ethtool
Unknown package 'ethtool'.
Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ethtool.

so I was just wondering if it could be installed. or am I just doing it wrongly?

Edit: I know what I did wrongly, sorry for causing unnecessary trouble. I can now install the ethtool package. Thanks so much for confirming.

Did you run the command "opkg update" first?

Yes, but the router couldn't get an updated list.
It was a configuration problem on my WRT32X itself, that's why I couldn't update the package list and download ethtool, and that's my fault. I have already fixed it, and have managed to update the package list and download ethtool.

Thanks so much for the help!!!!

1 Like

tcpdump is also included in the build, and is a helpful tool to watch the packets coming in and going out.

Alright thank you so much!

@davidc502
I just wanted to give a big :+1:'s :arrow_up: for this r12570 Build. Compared to the stock FW? Superlative!!!

I got my new WRT1900ACS V2 replacement for a problematic EA6100 this past Friday, and it didn't take much to convince me to commit to either DD-WRT or OpenWRT. I opted for your build(s) based on where it seemed the community was pointing me and I am glad I did. Downloaded and flashed it Sunday morning and I've been having a gas since.

I'm a retired IT type (back as far as ARPANET, Big Iron, and the BUNCH, acoustic couplers, ...), and a Linux user since the early days of Redhat,Mandrake, Corel so the transition has been very, very comfortable.

Not to say I didn't have a couple of prickly armpit moments, especially when I lost the UI after installing the darkmatter theme (maybe it should be removed from the package list?). SSH opkg Remove pkg got me back to the Bootstrap theme and no more prickly armpits :wink:

All in all, it's working very well. I'm still having some issues with USB printserver and Darkstat, but Nlbwmon, Vnstat, and backup cron's are set, so I can deal with bandwith tracking down the line. Also very happy to see an SNMP package and will be playing with PRTG later on to see if it will suffice.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around how two different public space networks can use the same router though.

I use 10.10.1.x/24 with a mix of static and dynamic addresses, so I set DHCP services for the first 30 IP's and set the static addresses for the devices that require them on the 10.10.1.x/24 network. SO, I see my son's iPhone pop up and it has a 192.168.1.x address. I know this device can support a guest network, but am still very :confused: on this.

Anyway, thanks, again David, This was a very good choice for me.

2 Likes

Can you guys help me with good setup for sqm qos with netem for my ps4 please... I have a wrt32x...

I have been mirroring my eth1.2 ingress to ifb4eth1.2 then using netem to duplicate packets on eth1, and eth1.2 but adding delay on ifb4eth1.2 for ingress. Ive also changed my txqueluene to 3 on eth1 and eth1.2 and have some custum stuff with iptables to forward and prioritize ports... Is there anything more i can do?

I'm a noob at this though and ive been putting stuff together from separate websites about different firmware self-taught any advice

Welcome aboard, and glad you are liking it. I'm in IT as well (not retired yet), and started in the Madrake days when it first came out. Through the years I've always stuck with linux, but have never really been any more than a power user/administrator, as I've never got into development or engineering. However, though I stay fairly busy I usually find the time to compile OpenWrt Snapshots and upload them to the website, and every once in a while try to help solve a user issue. I usually upload builds once every 2 weeks, but will either bump that time up or spread it out depending. So, keep checking back from time to time, and download new builds as they come out.

Best Regards.

David

2 Likes

If your setting SQM for QoS gaming wise so bufferbloat is not an issue then your current way of setup is rather complex to say the least.

Now for me being a Online gamer where latency is not allowed to go above 50ms I use SQM, set to my WAN connection (no need to bounce it off every other interface)

Now in my case I am in VDSL FTTC 40/6.2 using pppoe.

Cake
Piece of cake
ECN on both Ingress and egress
Ingress: nat dual-dsthost mpu 64 pppoe-ptm
Egress: nat dual-srchost mpu 64 pppoe-ptm
DSCP set to do not squash and ignore

Ingress is set to 92% of my sync
Egress is set to 85% of my sync.

With just them settings set, I can have 4k YouTube @60 FPS a 1080p YouTube @ 30fps, host a VOIP server and play online games with my latency only increasing to a max of 35ms from 14ms without issues. But your milage will vary as each internet connection is different.

I am not even using any extra steps to prioritize ports a simply SQM QoS pointed at WAN fire and forget with A+ across the board on dslreports and decent results back on speedtest-cli from router out.

2 Likes