Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

@sunchar
Can you describe your wan setup? Have you tried to start from the scratch with a default config?

Since yesteday I'm running the latest build and everything is working absolutely fine on my end (Guest-Wifi, upnp@ps4, port forwarding, dnscrypt, aso).
I do have a feeling that the non-working port forwarding and upnp is somehow related to your wan-setup. In my case I'm on using pppoe (VDSL@bridged modem) and I never had any issues with upnp and port forwarding in any of davidc's builds.
I did had some problems with a couple firewall traffic rules (added via luci) a couple of builds ago but once I manually fixed them everything started to work again...

How did you fix them rules in the end.

Hi Kherby!

Iยดm assuming that the problem is with latest releases (I have tested with latest 3), because when use older version (In my case r7360) I have not any problem, i only happens when upgrading.
I have started from scratch (Last night was my latest try) and nothing changes. So that is why always go back to r7360.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I've deleted and re added the (custom) traffic rules via luci.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I have a WRT1900acs. When I install the stock OpenWRT firmware, my wifi has a high latency on speedtest.net but if I install David's firmware the latency is low.

Why is that? Forgive me if this has been brought up, as I couldn't really find the cause?

Thank you

PS. I'm very happy with David's firmware, thank you David for continuing to improve it.

Do this :slight_smile:

Thank you lopov.

I'm surprised they still haven't fixed the current stock openwrt wrt1900acs v2 firmware, with the TX AMSDU fix.

Anyways thanks again

1 Like

With default config, WAN is not connecting for me on WRT3200ACM, tried DHCP client and static configuration but it won't work

I disabled software off loading on my setup because for some reason it was causing a delay between my echo and harmony hub. example told echo to mute tv and it would take about 3mins to respond...no issue with software
offloading turned off. Using WRT3200ACM.

3 Likes

Hehe, was just about to post exactly the same thing. Took me all f*cking weekend to diagnose the issue. WRT32X running r12235 here :rofl:

Oddly, issuing commands from the Harmony remote seemed to work okay; it was getting Alexa to do stuff for me ("turn tv on", "change to channel 101", etc.) that introduced the delay. I've been sat poring over tcpdump output trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with it :weary:

This is an interesting find. I've never noticed a bug like that with software flow offloading, but can't help but wonder I've had other weirdness in the past but not pinned down. This actually could be an upstream bug that should be reported, could be OpenWrt or at the kernel level.

Snap! I'm using r12235 too. :joy:

I know this may sound like a silly question but who do we report it to?

The delays were quite variable, anything from 10s to 2 or 3 minutes. I've got a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with NAT, as this was the only other thing I could find online that sounded vaguely similar: https://community.smartthings.com/t/resolved-logitech-harmony-hub-integration-slow-to-execute/98973

I've now also got a feeling this is linked with the SIP problems I was having last week, too, as the same solution is listed for SIP problems with those Draytek routers. Could be coincidence, could be correlation.

Time passes...

I tell you what, though: I just disabled the SIP port forwarding rules I had to add and restarted the VOIP basestation and it registered straight away.

There is definitely a problem with NAT and software flow offloading here.

right now Im using the david502 but I have a Roku and some times I will delay. I thought my problem was in the Wifi Roku has a adhoc wifi setup. or maybe it is a nat. my thoughts it would be interesting to find out what packets controllers are sending back to home? I have had this problem for over a yr now. I have had the 1900ac and wrt32x same problem.

Since no one has replied to you. I will try and help.

Are you sure your ISP uses DHCP? It's not PPPOE or something else?

Thanks...you fixed :man_mechanic: my problem. I was having trouble the last couple of days accessing a couple of websites on my tablet. Weird stuff like pages not loading fully and trouble logging onto other sites. It was like I was typing the wrong info! I disabled Software Offloading and all is well. Again...Thanks!

Hi, try the following as suggested to me by anomeome:

HTH and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Snapshot r9987 is working. so there might be a bug in between. got a cable modem, no PPPOE here. running stable and as fast as it gets. I'm a linux sysadmin

Just wasted 3 hours. Router wasnt responding, unable to ping anything, ssh anything.
No config change.

Had to factory reset, positive this was a software/hardware offload bug. ....zzzz annoyed