Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

There is only one target (MT7621) that has a HW offload plugin added to this point. Enabling on this target will be a NOOP which just falls through to SW offload. You can use SQM with SW offload, but again this amounts to a NOOP, as SQM takes precedence and SW offload is moot.

1 Like

Correct, it's does improve the performance slightly.

I'm not arguing here, but think it used to be slightly improved, but now is a noticeable improvement meaning much better than "slight". At least that is my opinion.

Best Regards,

David

2 Likes

No matter what value you put. The problem persists (I just tried it again). As soon as I activate the second SSID radio1 stops working.

Hi,

I have just upgraded from (r10618) to (r12235) and for some reason even thou all the settings are the same it isn't connecting to the internet. It seems that the WAN interface which is set to DHCP client is not retrieving the credentials from the cable modem.

In (OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r10618) I do have DNSCrypt2 installed followed Davidc502 Tutorial and .sh file to install...I notice that Davidc502 new build (r12235) has DNSCrypt2 already included..and was wondering if this could possibly be causing the issue as I see now the config file is now in its own DNSCrypt2 folder which was in the config folder in (OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r10618).

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

Many Thanks in advance

Try bouncing both devices, power up cable modem first. There was a WAN LAN MAC swap some time back, and your cable modem may be hanging unto the old MAC.

Thanks anomeome, I will give it a try.

Thanks the WAN port is now connected and I now have internet access on the router itself.. However still no internet access from connected devices.

Interesting video :slight_smile: Probably varying opinions on this topic! lol

Is your router lying to you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKTbNRTmzhY

5 Likes

Scroll up to Oct 19 of last year. There is a discussion about DNSCrypt2. That's when the package was baked into the build. Your problem could be what was discussed back then. Copy the .toml to the /etc/dnscrypt-proxy2/ directory and restart dnscrypt-proxy.

Install the package "mc" GNU Midnight Commander. It makes moving, editing, copying files much easier if you're not very linux savy.

Hope that helps.

Not sure how old that build is but maybe the MAC address has changed? I ran into a similar issue until I realized that the MAC was updated. Check what it is on the working build and compare. If it's different, unplugging you modem (needs to reset) for a bit should do the trick and once it's online turn on your router. or you can do a MAC override in the settings.

Thanks you.

Thank you, that was exactly the issue I was having, everything is working now. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello, I'm having interrupted IP traffic with my Wifi clients, every hour or so. The Wifi client remains connected both on its operating system (Windows 10) and on the WRT3200ACM.

I'm using Davidc502 build OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12235-49caf9f98a / LuCI Master git-20.047.03130-732722d with WPA2 Enterprise (with a radius server running on a Synology NAS) :

Once the problem occurs, the client starts to emit repeated frames like these (trace from tcpdump on the WRT3200ACM):

18:14:04.222892 dc:fb:48:xx:xx:xx IP > ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff Unknown DSAP 0x18 Information, send seq 0, rcv seq 16, Flags [Response], length 52
        0x0000:  1907 0020 0000 0000 aaaa 0300 0000 0806  ................
        0x0010:  0001 0800 0604 0001 dcfb 48xx xxxx c0a8  ..........HQ.p..
        0x0020:  0ad7 0000 0000 0000 c0a8 0a01 a5a2 c9da  ................
        0x0030:  f0fb 977a                                ...z

OpenWRT shows the client is still connected. Right after the problem occurs, I can see the EAP re-authentication in the log, which seems successful.

Then if I reconnect the client by disabling / re-enabling its Wifi adapter, it connects fine for another hour.

I tried to fix the IP address, this didn't make a difference.

Some infos :

Has anyone already seen such behavior ? I'm having a hard time tracking down the issue.

Best regards,

Benoît.

Does the same issue exist with the channel width on 80mhz instead of 160? Also, channel 116 is a DFS channel and at 160Mhz width, so if radar is detected at any time it will drop all your clients for a period of time before it re-establishes if it re-establishes at all.
Try channel 36 with 80mhz width and see if the problem persists.

I tried this morning, same symptoms.

Setup :

Weird part is, the PC remains connected seen from the acces-point.

Test pending : I have disabled radio0 (5GHz) and am trying on radio1 (2.4GHz) to see if the same occurs.

I will report the result in about one hour.

Edit : the same happens on 2.4 GHz :frowning:

Trying with 5GHz back on channel 116/160MHz but with WPA2 PSK this time (no radius). Will report in about one hour.

Edit : using WPA2/PSK did not cause the hourly disconnection. It seems the problem is in relation with WPA2 Enterprise. After some searches, I found this thread, mentioning rekeying problem.

I will try with different values for parameter wpa_pair_rekey to see what happens.

Edit : setting wpa_pair_rekey to 30 seconds, I can reproduce the problem : disconnection occurs after 30 seconds following the correct authentication.

I have set this parameter to 0 and will see what happens...

Edit : 0 for this parameter was a mess : connecting and disconnecting tight after. Trying with 86400 seconds to see...

Final tests : bad luck, despite the values of the number I choose (7200, 86400, 9), I get disconnected after one hour :neutral_face:

It seems the problem is strongly related to WPA2-EAP, on my other router (WRT1200AC) it works well since years.

Any idea on what other parameter I could investigate ?

Hi, Just out of curiosity what was the reason for the WAN LAN MAC swap?

the commit

@davidc502,

Will you include the "kmod-ipt-offload" module in future builds?
Or do we have to manually install it after each firmware upgrade?

Yes, it will be added to the next build moving forward.

1 Like