Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Thanks. I've had difficulty and one other person has made note of the same issue. I'll check this evening to see if it has been reported.

I hope to find a fix, i'm reading posts on another forums but it seems none apply to this issue. I'll keep an eye on this this forum for any news about this

1 Like

Can you turn on firewall logging and see if it is being dropped by iptables?

OK, I'll do it this night, now i'm in my office. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi!
I was annoyed because my brother complaints about Xbox moderated NAT, so i decided to go back to r7360. I had not chance to see firewall logs. The change i have seen comparing r7360 vs r11583 is that now uPNP shows active redirects to the console. Another things that work better with r7360 is that fan controls script are working better and second SSID i have created for guests it shows as active. If you want, i can install latest version on first boot to make tests, currently is Linksys (Always install OpenWRT from stock image) and r7360 on second boot. Thank you!

Hi!

Does anybody knows how to upgrade DNSCrypt-proxy from v1 to v2?
Found this [SOLVED] Upgrading dnscrypt-proxy v1 to v2 in the forum, but when I try to open the guide it shows this: dnscrypt-proxy Version 2 is now a part of the build, so below instructions are no longer needed.

I'm using r7360

Thank you!

I might have the script I used somewhere which did the dnscrypt update it was from @davidc502 site. However r7360 seems an old build to run.

You say uPnP doesn't show active redirects on latest master (snapshots) however I don't have that issue after I setup uPnP correctly per IP address.

Also NAT is not just our end it can be also the ISP end that can cause Moderated NAT.
Now what modem are you using with your WRT reason I ask is simple if your using a modem some modems need extra tweaking to separate WAN traffic from LAN (Which was causing issues with uPnP as it was double NATing).

As for the firewall issue for me on both master and v19.07 which I am still testing, port forwarding is working fine for me. I will tonight get logs.

You have to tick "Enable IGDv1 mode" with upnpd in order to get automatic port forwarding working with consoles (ps4, xbox one).
I'm using r11829 atm and manuall port forwarding is also working fine (tested with a external vpn device and qBittorrent). I'll install the latest build later on and see if it still works fine but I never had any problems with the builds of davidc and port forwarding so I guess the problem must be related to your config.

If no one else have this problem I would suggest that you start from the scratch (with a clean default config) to figure out if the port forward problem related to your config.
Or could it be a device/model related problem? I'm uisng a WRT3200ACM...

1 Like

Kherby, when I had issue getting it to work IGDv1 was ticked. Hence why I ended up on my Zytel VMG1312-B10a (Bridged Modem) splitting WAN Traffic and LAN Traffic which then for me solved the issue as for some reason it was double NAT'ing.

Also I am using a WRT32x.

Double NAT'ing is always poison for port forwarding and upnp. I'm using a bridged modem (full bridge) for my VDSL connection as well and I never had any problems with port forwarding on my OpenWrt device.

I guess the problem which sunchar is experiencing is somehow related to his config, I think otherwise more people would have already stated that port forwarding isn't working correctly.

True some modems don't do full bridge mode correctly, even when you tell it to.

I bet if @sunchar restarted uPnP and looked at the logs it might be failing getting WAN's IP

Hi!
Thank you for your reply.

I don't think that is a problem with the modem or ISP, because just downgrading to r7360, NAT start working fine again.

Hi!

I read a forum post on which says that Enable IGDv1 mode will fix this, so I tried but still the problem

Thanks!

I will try again with latest snapshot, I will comment here what happened.

Thank you!

Looks like flow offloading should get significantly better:

2 Likes

Hi phinn!

Will be those changes in next snapshot?

I don't do the builds so don't know when, but certainly it'll be in soon.

For some reason Port Forwarding is not working for me.
I have tried flashing without keeping the settings, going to "DHCP and DNS" -> "Static Leases" and setting a static ip for the MAC address of my raspberry pi, and then "Firewall" -> "Port Forwards" and creating the forwarding rule.
The static lease is working fine, but the Port forward is not.

I had to go back to your build for 4.19.69, here the port forwarding works fine.

SNAPSHOT r12121 is built, but testing it tonight. The first thing I'll test is port forwarding.

1 Like

I had to disable them myself just so the firmware would compile.

1 Like